The wife drove the Z for the first time today...

coldel

...and LOVED it :teeth:

I was worried she would hate the heavy clutch and gearbox. Worried she wouldn't like the visibility out the back. Worried that it hasn't got more than two seats.

She loves it, in fact I face a battle to use it everyday for work now..!

No I was at work having got the train here. Sent her a few texts during the day 'asking how she was' and 'are you enjoying the sunshine' daring not to be seen to be checking up on her! She text back and said

'Took the car for a spin, amazing experience, very good choice'

Phew!

is it wrong that i wouldnt even let my partner of ten years drive my z out of our drive? :lol:

Same here... my missus wants to drive mine and I said no. Her response was "but i'm covered 3rd party only on my insurance". As if that makes it okay!!!!!

I've been with my Mrs 9 years and although I offered for her to have a drive 18 months ago, she still hasn't stepped behind the steering wheel. I'm glad in a way, as I can just see her slipping that right foot too hard and screaming frantically to control the car :scare::headhurt:

My other half has driven mine quite a bit. She did some of the fast post hoon stuff too. She loves it.

She actually prefers my pick up though I think as she uses it more often.

It's only a car at the end of the day. :shrug:

The Last time the Wife had a go in mine it came back with the front bumper hanging off :scare: so she's never driven it since :dry:

she sais even the thought of something happening to it whilst she's out gives her palpatations. so looks like im safe from now on.

you give us girls a hard time about our driving - my mum is an epic driver :#1: when it comes to her Z and I know for a fact that I will be amazing too when I get in it :cloud9:

so you guys need to zip it :bang::bangin:

I admired your mothers driving for miles on the way to Brighton.... shame it was too busy to actually get past :lol:

My missus is a brilliant driver! I've let her drive the zed and she was great with it. Was gonna give her a shot on track but she doesn't want to as it may be too busy for her to learn. May book her a lesson in it at the track during the summer.

you give us girls a hard time about our driving - my mum is an epic driver :#1: when it comes to her Z and I know for a fact that I will be amazing too when I get in it :cloud9:

I admired your mothers driving for miles on the way to Brighton.... shame it was too busy to actually get past :lol:

sparkles

:protest: your comment, its offensive and demeaning. :rant::rant:

If I retort any more I will get banned... :shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup:

The week I got my Zed my dad had an accident in his car and was using my mums for work. I drove round theirs and offered to loan mine to my mum for a week as I was off work, she turned the offer down and I must say I was quite relieved, she has a very heavy right foot and I could see her having my car towed away :lol:.

On the other hand, while at work the other day I got speaking to a girl around the corner from my office who owns a 2005 zed, it was immaculately kept, not a scratch on it anywhere. She was talking about it like anyone here, does over 10000 miles a year and had just finished polishing & waxing it when we spoke, my God I fell in love that day :lol:. End result, taken :rant::bang:.

My wife is a great driver... she does 60 mile round commute a day.

When I first got the car she drove it ... and was fine with the clutch. She is fine with the power too.

Even though she drove it to work and back a few times, she always said she wasn't comfy with it.

It turns out, that reason was because it wasn't riding right due to tracking being off, wheels being the wrong size and the tyres being bad.

I have changed all that recently and the car drives SO much better, Tam can even tell as a PASSENGER how much better it feels.

She has yet to drive it since the alterations.. but I think when she does we will be fighting for the keys , which is a top result! :D

sparkles

:protest: your comment, its offensive and demeaning. :rant::rant:

If I retort any more I will get banned... :shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup:

eh? :bangin: