Has Torres scored for Chelsea?

marzman

I'm considering writing a letter to the Liverpool board to ask them to release the *real* Fernando Torres, they clearly sent an impersonator down in some sort of cunning ploy to take 50m off us before buying him back for a fiver and a curley wurley in a year

The thing is, he has been playing this badly for 12 months now, I've no idea what Chelsea were thinking......

As Liverpool fan, I find it highly amusing. Last night I couldn't work out who I wanted to lose more, Chelsea or United. Lets just say I jumped up in the air for the first time in my life when United scored. ;)

Chelsea are a fading force at the moment.

Drogba is past it now.

Lampard is looking ropey.

Zirkov is average at best. (Why did he start over Lamlouda last night?)

Essien has been well below par.

Torres is seemingly made of concrete.

Ramires is never a right winger.

Alex is a gap filler.

Mikel has never made a forward pass.

Chelsea's best players for me are Cole, Luiz and Cech.

The players we've got don't suit the system we play anymore though, I think that's the problem.

You can't play Torres and Drogba together and still have a 4-3-3, neither wants to play wide.

Add to that we just don't have the quality of winger that we did say 2 years ago (Malouda erratic, Zhirkov is less forward-going than Cole, Kalou is turning into more of an out-and-out striker)

"Zirkov is average at best" Liam, clearly a phrase about a player that you have got used to to over the last few seasons :lol:

Be quiet you, at least our Manager doesn't get into a fight with his assistant on the coach to an away game and then get off at the service station :lol:

The thing is, he has been playing this badly for 12 months now, I've no idea what Chelsea were thinking......

As Liverpool fan, I find it highly amusing. Last night I couldn't work out who I wanted to lose more, Chelsea or United. Lets just say I jumped up in the air for the first time in my life when United scored. ;)

Certainly not worth the 50mill he was a couple of years ago. Kinda feel a bit sorry for him really, to me it seems that something is troubling him, he was a shadow of himself at the World Cup so I couldn't put it down to falling out of love with Liverpool. I just don't get why he joined Chelsea at the time he did, they are still a very good team, but their best players are starting to show their age and will need replacing in the next 12-18 months. I wouldn't be that surprised if Torres was at another club in 12 months time :shrug:

I was actually hoping Chelski would win last night....the last and only time I supported United was at The European Cup Final in 1968 :lol:

Pete

Certainly not worth the 50mill he was a couple of years ago. Kinda feel a bit sorry for him really, to me it seems that something is troubling him, he was a shadow of himself at the World Cup so I couldn't put it down to falling out of love with Liverpool. I just don't get why he joined Chelsea at the time he did, they are still a very good team, but their best players are starting to show their age and will need replacing in the next 12-18 months. I wouldn't be that surprised if Torres was at another club in 12 months time :shrug:

I was actually hoping Chelski would win last night....the last and only time I supported United was at The European Cup Final in 1968 :lol:

Pete

I felt sorry for him until he decided that the answer to his problems were to move to Chelsea. Evidentally it wasn't.

He has been getting picked (and bought) for Liverpool, Spain and Chelsea for the last 12 months purely on past merits, as the current Torres is a pale imitiation of the player we all saw two years ago. On current form, he is barely worthy of a place in a team like Blackpool or Blackburn.

In a way I'm glad that he is still playing poorly as it shows that the problem lies with him and not with any insinuated problems at Liverpool.

I still can't believe that he wanted to move to Chelsea to win trophies. Their squad is aging and will soon need some serious investment which I doubt Roman will be up for.

At least if he had stayed at Anfield he would've had more of a chance to win trophies over the next 2-3 seasons.

But saying that, I'm glad we got rid when we did, no player is bigger than Liverpool and £50m went straight back into the club, something which the previous owners wouldn't have even thought about!