TVR Chimaera

ewan221

was out in one today - possible swap deal for the zed. I thought the zed sounded nice but this was on a different planet :-)

Felt much more rapid but in reality was probably much same I'd imagine. On positive side it looked and sounded great and would be near as dammit depreciation free motoring. The clutch was much lighter than the zed and it's the first car I've been in where people actually stopped, stared and pointed at the car.

On the negative it's nowhere as near the zed in terms of comfort and yes if not careful will bite your head off.

It's certainly a possible. Have a Jag XKR to look at on Tuesday now as well :-£

Just as long as you realise TVR's are famous for being nightmares to keep. My uncle had one and joked that it spent half the time at the garage.

I'd like a Tuscan but the total lack of everyday usability is keeping me away........

.......for now.

Just as long as you realise TVR's are famous for being nightmares to keep. My uncle had one and joked that it spent half the time at the garage.

I'd like a Tuscan but the total lack of everyday usability is keeping me away........

.......for now.

Hehe, and the price of fuel to run the thing too! ....I am aiming for a GTR in 10 years when they are cheaper, but then I'll just be making up the money I saved on the car when fuel is £3 a litre :bang::bang:

I love TVR though.....but yes...I agree with James, known for their 'wild horse' qualities :cloud9:

A mate of mine has has TVR's for many years now. I think he's on his 9th at present. They are all as unreliable as each other but its the brand 'TVR' is why people buy them. Not cheap to repair and they will need repairing! Lovely looking cars, if you can afford the upkeep of it, go for it!

TVR's....

Badly made....

Fall apart...

Smell of glue....

Engines need rebuilding every 5-12k...

Only on the road 3-6 months of the year, due to "niggles"...

You will put your mechanics kids through university....

But dear GOD I want one, I have ALWAYS wanted one.

The sound of them.... I have driven a Tuscan a few times (once or twice on a track) and also Grif ... they are SO much fun. :drive1

The Zed was supposed to be a stepping stone to one for me. :D

As Mr Clarkson rightfully said "Owning a TVR is like owning a tamed bear. All fun and cuddles then, one day, it will take your head off, for no reason"

Lol I must be getting old as I still love the looks of both :D:D

TBh the Chims are not as unreliable (yes some have poor build quality) as the speed 6 and AJP cars which do need rebuilds on a regular basis, there are plenty of Chims well into the 100,000's without a rebuild and still going strong, for this though its plenty of old fashioned preventative maintenace which to I actually quite enjoy.

Working on the zed for some reason scares the crap out of me but when I was running about in my older cars I had no probs stripping engines down and generally keeping things running smooth :-) :-)

The Jag nice drive in straight line, it had a remap and supercharger pulley upgrade so was running over 400 BHP but for a 10 year old car quite rusty and def needed some work done on suspension. Thats 4 I have looked at now and all beginning to rust and bubble.

The TVR well still thinking about that one and have found another very good one at a dealer in NI at a very reasonable price - only issue with this is getting raped by the p/ex price for the zed