Overnight parts from......

Glenn1981

....................... Surrey, Kent, Scotland and all over!!

IMG_1982.jpg

Well after nearly 4 glorious years of ownership, I WONT be doing one of those depressing “it’s time to sell†threads...... I have, like we all do, been toying lately with what to do on the car situation, get a 370z, wait a year or two and maybe get an R35, get a later model 350z. But after all of my deliberation, I came to the conclusion that I just can’t bring myself to sell my lovely Zed and even if I could, literally the only car that I would want over my Zed right now is an R35 and that is just a bit out of my reach for the time being. So I have decided to start treating my Zed (and myself obviously) to a bit of a transformation, brakes, handling, engine, styling and maybe eventually FI.....maybe.

So in current state:

IMG_1627.jpg

I have a Cold Air Induction Kit, Buddy Club Pro Spec Exhaust and Motordyne Plenum Spacer installed, which all coupled together sound great. Other than that, everything else is standard.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

Over the last month or so, I have been putting together parts that I feel will enhance the car in the first stage of what I want to do and I think that apart from Headers, I will have pretty much done everything I can to the engine in terms of “bolt on†NA tuning, plus a great brake upgrade, suspension which is adjustable to what I am using it for and some other bits and bobs.

So what is in the boxes?

This little lot:

IMG_1983.jpg

The Suspension will be a Tein Super Street coilover setup with an EDFC controller, which means I can control the stiffness of the ride from within the car on the fly:

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

The Brakes, I am sticking with the very good Brembo set up, just changing the Discs to Performance Friction in the front and DBA4000 Slotted in the rear, with Endless SSS pads all round, Goodridge brakelines and Motul RBF660 fluid:

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Power wise, there isn’t much more I can do, “bolt on†wise, than the parts I have already, before going to Abbey for an UpRev and tune. But the last bits on the list were Kinetix De-Cats, Throttle Body Spacer and Under Drive Pulleys and Belts, a colour coded engine torque damper and Samco hoses were thrown in for some engine bay colour and a Stillen Short Shifter just for a sportier feel when driving, also gives me an excuse to fit the Nismo knob I have knocking around!:

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

The Zed is off for a couple of days to see Ross @ JAPEX Performance in Abbotts Langley (forum trader) to get all this lot fitted and sorted and I will report back with impressions on everything after a spin on Friday, Ross has also said he will take some pics during the process, so that should make for interesting viewing!

Then it will be off to Abbey for that UpRev and tune to tie all this together, before starting to look at the styling phase, I have a feeling this is going to get expensive...................

Big thanks to the following Traders and Members for parts, help and advice and the usual prompt service from the respected traders, excellent as always and I will be putting feedback on your pages!:

ZMANALEX (Alex)

ChilliRed (Sarah) - Thanks for the tea and for seeing us on your birthday ;0)

Tony420z (Tony)

Craigus (Craig)

Thanks for looking!

I know I am like a kid on Christmas morning at the moment, just a shame I have to wait till Friday to get her back!

Been meaning to mention your username too!

Im actually named after the man himself, born FA Cup final day 1981 against City!

Your have some fun fitting that lot mate.

I found myself in the same position as yourself, had my car since new, and now going the same way.Such a good car couldn't think of anything I would want without spending a pretty penny. Now have an old shed for everyday use and I'll enjoy the Z on the weekends. :thumbs:

Will have GTR one day though :cloud9:

Thanks for the comments!

Really cant wait till Friday to get it out on the road and see what it feels like when all set up. Hopefully give the beast a new lease of life! I've just got to where we all get to, you know the car inside out on the road and you just get used to the power, the handling and the braking, so then you only crave for more.

I think doing these mods, some styling mods and maybe boost and the car will feel like a new car anyway, but with that sentimental value still intact!

*Sarnie - PF discs unfortunately only come for the front rotors, so had to go with DBA on the rear, small price to pay for having those PF discs on the front though! If I find out that PF start doing rear discs one day then ofcourse I will get them!

Craig, I beleive it is this kit here http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/350Z_ ... n_Kit.html

This is what it is now branded as, but it is the same parts and I think they do it in chrome, blue and red.

Being as they do nothing for our cars, you may as well get the most bling one you can find!

K&N Typhoon I think comes in red too!

DBlock, pulleys from Alex as he said :lol: