is it me or does the 350 mark easy

Dano190485

noticed about 3 weeks ago that someone kicked my front bumper and dented it (getting fixed next week) now today gone to my local tescos, parked away from all other cars but when i came back noticed a dent in my drivers side door, obviously another door hitting it. just wondered if the 350 is easy to damage or is it just alot of jealous t***ers out there that like to hit it and cause damage to my baby

its also a car with lots of nice long flowing lines......little dent stands out more.

Also if you keep it clean the dents show up worse because the light will reflect and show them up.

Best bet is to electrify the car with one of those South African anti hijack thingamabobbies.

i find people who take up two spaces are more likely to get keyed or dented.

this is from BM's old thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21516&hilit=parking+adventures&start=90

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

so i parked up to go climbing at the gym. on my circular travels up the ramps of the multistory i come across a rusty sunset zed ;) so i think hmm, i wonder if he has a club sticker, ive seen it many times but thought this time id park next to him and drop him a flyer. so i parked in the triple bay in the middle one to the left of him but waaay over so he and me had masses of room and noooo way anyone would park in the remaining space. the car park did indeed look like this after all:

090910_195732.jpg

so i went for a climb, came back and WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::rant::angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant:

090910_195708.jpg

090910_195715.jpg

the stupid F**ker has actually climbed over to the other side to get out the car, i checked for damage, none so they must have known they would have to do this, WHY????????? im raging :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Firstly.......... is your gym happy with you climbing all over the apparatus?

I had to park like that once - mega busy multi-story with 2 spaces half filled by 2 other cars :bang: I had to park in the middle as it was the only space.........when I got back my car was on its own looking like a right mong had parked it - someone had actually taken the time to get a piece of paper and a pen to write me a little note saying 'you must be either ignorant or mentally imbalanced to have parked like this'.

Can you imagine how frustrating it was for the assailant to have already buggered off so I couldn't explain why I was parked like that and/or screwed the stupid note right back up his/her nose!

If I take the Zed to supermarket I just take up two spaces

cheers Paul

+1

That is the only way i will park in a supermarket, and to make sure i take up two away from everybody anyway. So far never had a ding in my doors :teeth:

In the multi-storeys i usually go up to highest level which is deserted and park in a corner so close i have to climb to passenger side to get out, and that is the worst risk ill take when parking the z!

Its weird that they parked next to you though i think they parked by your car as they thought itd be safe next to a nice car, i think thats their logic? :shrug:

Anyone who takes up two spaces in a car park deserves to get their car knocked. It's rude and selfish and completely pointless, the Zed isn't that bloody wide for god's sake! :rant:

Parking at the other end of the car park is common sense though, I tend to do that even when in the work's truck.

Anyone who takes up two spaces in a car park deserves to get their car knocked. It's rude and selfish and completely pointless, the Zed isn't that bloody wide for god's sake! :rant:

Parking at the other end of the car park is common sense though, I tend to do that even when in the work's truck.

hear hear :thumbs:

Whats wrong with taking two spaces when there are 1000 other spaces around you? I dont do it unless the car park is empty, ive parked well away before and then some fool comes and parks right next to my car, this way i avoid it, nobody gets hurt :shrug:

Only a complete arse takes up two bays when parking. It's just arrogant and sticks out like a sore thumb which makes your car more liable to vandalism. The only thing you can do, is park well away from the rest of civilisation.

As an aside, people always inspect their car when they come back from a supermarket and notice the dents, which very likely have been made before but this is the first time you've noticed it.

Whats wrong with taking two spaces when there are 1000 other spaces around you? I dont do it unless the car park is empty, ive parked well away before and then some fool comes and parks right next to my car, this way i avoid it, nobody gets hurt :shrug:

Because if the car park is that empty, then why on earth would you need to take up two spaces? Just take one and park well away from everyone else, and if someone does park next to you then suck it up, they probably didn't park right next to you just to dent your car. Anything else is selfish. Do you sit in the middle lane on the motorway too? After all, there's loads of space in the other two lanes and nobody's getting hurt...

My Dad manages to park his Hummer H2 within one car parking bay, and that's somewhat wider than the Zed.

Because if the car park is that empty, then why on earth would you need to take up two spaces? Just take one and park well away from everyone else, and if someone does park next to you then suck it up, they probably didn't park right next to you just to dent your car. Anything else is selfish. Do you sit in the middle lane on the motorway too? After all, there's loads of space in the other two lanes and nobody's getting hurt...

My Dad manages to park his Hummer H2 within one car parking bay, and that's somewhat wider than the Zed.

What a ridiculous comparison? Parking it far away with two spaces will not affect you or anybody else for that matter. That way i have no need to "suck it up".... Yeah im being a bit selfish but i don't really care (i know for a fact it doesn't affect anybody or interrupt them going about their weekly shop) unfortunately not everybody is considerate enough to take care about my car so why risk it? This isn't a perfect world. And being all up tight and getting pi**ed when you see a car taking up two spaces when its not affecting you is imho ridiculous, I wouldn't do it when the car park is full id just find somewhere else.

Wow, this is getting heated so here is my experience of parking... one day in my last car (58 leon fr) I parked on an end space and parked so my left front wheel was on the line so there was plenty of room for me to get out and so nobody would dent my door, when I returned some **** had parked so close to me that I had to climb over my passenger seat on a rainy day and mess up my interior, I was fuming so I frantically looked for a pen and paper to give them a piece of my mind... well I had no pen or paper but I had just bought a tuna mayo sandwich from gregs so I got back out and smeared the letters T W A T on their windscreen, I then shoved one half of the sandwich in their wing mirror and the other half stuffed as far up their door handle as I possibly could. I should point out that there was also at least 100 other spaces free within a 15 second walk, this lazy **** wanted to park as close to the entrance as possible, so now to avoid this situation I always park as far from any entrance as possible because people are lazy and they will do anything to avoid that 60 second walk across the carpark and I also park next to the most expensive car I can find, hoping they will have the same view as me by not wanting to damage there own or anyone else's car. I might be being a bit paranoid but now I always take number plate photos of the car I park next to, because people will damage your car and just drive off.

All efforts are useless because you're sure to get some bimbo with her 50 kids in a monstorous BMW of some form parking next to you and knocking the f**k out of your car. It happened to me recently, thank god it was in my Audi or I would have lost my s**t. People don't care.

Wow, this is getting heated so here is my experience of parking... one day in my last car (58 leon fr) I parked on an end space and parked so my left front wheel was on the line so there was plenty of room for me to get out and so nobody would dent my door, when I returned some **** had parked so close to me that I had to climb over my passenger seat on a rainy day and mess up my interior, I was fuming so I frantically looked for a pen and paper to give them a piece of my mind... well I had no pen or paper but I had just bought a tuna mayo sandwich from gregs so I got back out and smeared the letters T W A T on their windscreen, I then shoved one half of the sandwich in their wing mirror and the other half stuffed as far up their door handle as I possibly could. I should point out that there was also at least 100 other spaces free within a 15 second walk, this lazy **** wanted to park as close to the entrance as possible, so now to avoid this situation I always park as far from any entrance as possible because people are lazy and they will do anything to avoid that 60 second walk across the carpark and I also park next to the most expensive car I can find, hoping they will have the same view as me by not wanting to damage there own or anyone else's car. I might be being a bit paranoid but now I always take number plate photos of the car I park next to, because people will damage your car and just drive off.

Are you saying that you caused damage to anothger car just because they got too close to you??

if that is true ,which i doubt, and the other person had not damaged your car then your retarded and should have your car taken away from you.

. I might be being a bit paranoid but now I always take number plate photos of the car I park next to, because people will damage your car and just drive off.

........I agree.......you never know when the next sandwich is getting stuffed up your door handle :dry:

You may be 'The Law' George but that was a little low I reckons/

maybe the victim liked tuna and all you did was spur him on to do it again

i dont like tuna personally, but i think writing **** in tuna is a good call if you have the balls to do it, up the door handle not so much. he has washers and wipers, no damage done but lesson learned for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you saying that you caused damage to anothger car just because they got too close to you??

if that is true ,which i doubt, and the other person had not damaged your car then your retarded and should have your car taken away from you.

Look I was pi**ed off, it was a brand new car and I had to climb over the passenger seat and got a mud stain on it, maybe I did over react but the car was a battered old metro and the owner never had any respect for his car or mine, I did not break the wing mirror, i just covered the it in tuna and bread, same with the door handle, its not as if I dented his door and it was nothing a pressure wash couldn't fix.

So I'm not retarded, and I certainly don't deserve my car being taken away, if it happened to your zed you would be pi**ed off too. Maybe it taught him a lesson and maybe it didn't but I just wanted to inconvenience him.

The trouble we are faced with as petrolheads, and see our cars as a hobby as well as transport, is that most people just dont share this view.

And fair enough, they have much better things to care about than a lump of metal in their eyes, hence they dont batter an eyelid, about throwing their cars into kerbs, wonky car parking, flying over speed bumps, etc etc, basically all the things we wouldnt dream of doing....

So im afraid this is what we have to contend with, and so try to avoid, although sometimes its beyond our control, and hence we have dramas like this....

I dont think there is any solution, apart from having a second car...... lol