Zed top speed

Dano190485

I've seen 167 in Germany so i believe 175 is achievable ;) But in any case top speed counts for nought. I will trade that off for acceleration with better FD ratios :teeth:

have to agree, top speed talk is for bragging in the pub as the actual chance of ever using it is almost non existant. i'd rather be able to get to 100 and back to 0 in the quickest time possible. as most track racing will see those speeds.

Can a 206 GTi really do 150mph? Seems highly optimistic to me.

the 306 GTI6 could do 135-140 but needed a long stretch an di think that had a smaller engine than the 206 GTI

155 isn't a difficult target for mos things with a 2,0 litre engine or more.

the 306 GTI6 could do 135-140 but needed a long stretch an di think that had a smaller engine than the 206 GTI

155 isn't a difficult target for mos things with a 2,0 litre engine or more.

Jeeze 155 in a 206, must be like going down a very steep hill on a push bike, so much wind in your face (through the panels,) wobbling over any bump that you just about kill yourself getting there.

At least in the zed 0-130 (about the fastest i have gone) feels really firm and safe....my very first car a Fiat punto mk2 i could get to 100 but jesus getting there was scary and once you were there keeping it there was terrifying as it felt that any small bump or obstickle would send you to your grave! (i imagine a 206 is the same!)

Suffering a blowout at 70 on an Interstate Highway in Denver really put the wind up me and I'd be a bag of nerves driving at say 120 where it was legal to do so. As far as claimed top speeds go, I always take them with a pinch of salt, most speedos are out by as much as 10%, even more if you've messed around with the tyre size.

Pete

Given that Peugeot themselves only ever claimed a top speed of 143mph, I'd agree with you ;) 150mph on the speedo perhaps, but I shudder to think of the length of road you'd need to get to that figure.

No chance would a 206 GTI reach a genuine 150mph.

Does anyone here know from the gearing of the Zed what its theoritical top speed is given sufficent power? I would imagine my 420bhp/354lbft Zed is somewhere north of 170mph.

As mentioned though you'd swap the last 50mph for good acceleration on a track day.

I doubt a car with only 180hp (probably flywheel power too) could reach 150mph. my golf GTi had 221hp and would just about make it 150mph - this was pretty much in the red too.

i had 18s aswell so the rolling radius was increased making the speedo only a couple of mph out - verified by GPS.

As far as the Zed goes. i found this on tims twin turbo build thread, "in top gear with the OEM rev limit of 6.6k and 275/40/18 tires and a 3.5 FD the car will kiss 190mph at the rev limit. I'm sure the car would do 190mph given enough space."

taken from here http://forums.**REMOVED**.com//index.p ... 775&st=480

Does anyone here know from the gearing of the Zed what its theoritical top speed is given sufficent power? I would imagine my 420bhp/354lbft Zed is somewhere north of 170mph.

As mentioned though you'd swap the last 50mph for good acceleration on a track day.

the closer you get to 200 the more more power you need, wind resistants increases dramatically the faster you go. cars that can go over 200 need big power, but to push way past that they need almost double.

cars that do about 200 have about 500bhp on average cars like the veyron need 1000 to get to about 265, thats an extra 500 bhp to achieve only 65 mph on the speedo. i'd guess you'd need on average about 200-220 bhp to do about 150 mph. gearing also makes a big difference. some cars could be capable of it but the gearing is not set up for it. like i said earlier 150 isn't a difficult target. 200mph is, and more so 250 mph.

Given that Peugeot themselves only ever claimed a top speed of 143mph, I'd agree with you ;) 150mph on the speedo perhaps, but I shudder to think of the length of road you'd need to get to that figure.

yeh but i was wiv my m8s an there was 5 ov us, and we all saw it. u calling me a liar blud? :rant:

Five of you all in the car at the same time while doing 150mph in the 206 GTi?

Not calling you a liar, just finding it hard to fathom.

And before you say no we were all stood by the roadside when he went past us at 150mph, not even a police officer can tell what speed you are doing at that high speed without a speed gun.

Easy way to silence the doubters, me included, is to take a video of it and post the link.

Also have someone say "Custard and Parsnips" on the video just to prove it's you.

yeh but i was wiv my m8s an there was 5 ov us, and we all saw it. u calling me a liar blud? :rant:

Can someone translate please - cant speak chav... blud... :blush: