IT Section?

There seems to be a lot of questions related to IT (Information Technology - computers software/hardware)

I have worked in IT for 25 years, albeit in sales, but I am still MCSE/MCSA and have a Bc's Hons in Computer Science. There are a few others on here that are equally/more qualified. Can us tekkies have a subforum?

Chris-I - make it happen :-)

ps - for the record I have been helping out members like Sarnie for ages!!!! what a tw*t

Never offer help to Sarnie, no matter how simple, he will find a way to feck it up :p

I guess we could have a subforum under Off Topic - that'd be a job for Mr Chesterfield, I dont want to get blamed for breaking things yet again!

excellent idea. We have the share tip club, new a ner... expert section.What next ? Home cinema ner... experts ? How about Gig attendances ? Where people going to see Boyzon... judas Priest could meet up and compare beer bellys and tour tee shirts.

The last one I think is a good one :band:

This is a car forum right?????

Says me who has asked for IT / other off topic help on numerous occasions.

There are IT questions being asked everyday - just though it would make sense to keep it all in one place....that's all...forget I asked...

I actually think there is room for three more sub-forums under this one

viewforum.php?f=76

IT Section for the geeks amongst us because at the end of the day we all need IT gear to get onto the forum and make it work.

Sport Section for us footy and F1 fans.

Gaming section for the xbox, ps3 and pc gaming addicts.

Would make it a whole load easier to find related items at times imho and dont really see what problems it causes having these sections. :blush:

No reason why you can't start a 'IT help' topic and we could even sticky it. Just not sure if we need lots of off topic sections. Even though we do have lots of threads on it. I personally wouldn't want to see the off topic area becoming bigger than the 350z/370z areas.....

just becuase the topics are there doesn't mean that it will become bigger than the car aspect of the club.

personally i think when it comes to 350z pretty much everything has been done now; there aren't huge amounts of new things coming out and most of what people post is stuff that has been done or tried before. (nothing wrong with this)

the big advantage is the 370 section should start to grow and so will the posts, topics and ideas; people try new things etc, lots of new mods, and this will keep the car section of the club alive.

to me the 350z-uk club is a social club where the common intrest is zeds, and cars.

in the last 6 months the most interesting threads have been the off topic ones. (this is not because i don't have a zed anymore) but no one is doing anything radically new or different.) the 370 zed stuff is interesting too as its all new stuff.

We Zeddist are a complex bunch. Our interests overlap in many areas and to keep the forums evolving and fresh I think these sub forums could be good.

Going to see Judas Priest in July, this could turn into a meet which invites photos and further topics would be populated - how did you do that to your aerial/bumper/head unit etc. All creating discourse in the forums apart from' what is the widest gear knob on the market, PM zmanalex'

Just a thought :ban:

No reason why you can't start a 'IT help' topic and we could even sticky it. Just not sure if we need lots of off topic sections. Even though we do have lots of threads on it. I personally wouldn't want to see the off topic area becoming bigger than the 350z/370z areas.....

+1

this is a car forum afterall

Where do you stop though? Do you end up with 27 different forums all containing a few threads each, or do you keep them all in the one place? As per the way PH does it, I don't bother reading 3/4 of the OT forums there as they don't interest me as a rule, however on the odd occasion I browse them there's the odd thread or two worth clicking. Still not enough to make me read that section every time, though.

Personally I like the OT section here as it is, it's nice and varied and you never quite know what you're going to get.

If there are particular topics people want covered then stick up a post in the OT section. If it is interesting / popular it'll be well used and appear in the 'view unread inc OT' list every time you log in.

I'm not against a healthy OT section, I have used it for all sorts of stuff myself, Sandwiches, Pets IT help - you name it! This IS a car forum though so the focus should be on the cars.

As we say, if the OT topics are good and have a healthy response then they can be stickied.

My opinion or thoughts dismissed again!!Nothing new there then :lol:

I think there could be room for a IT sub forum under Off Topic, then it doesnt show up in the main list, only listed under OT in the forum list - like The Green Room - but can appreciate this is a car forum and we need to stay focused :thumbs:

You could have a Geek Room just underneath the Green Room :thumbs:

I know it's a car forum but we all have to use some kind of technology to get on here and look or post... Unless there is a subscription service that I missed where you get the forum printed out and delivered to your door :lol: That option might make banter a bit difficult :wacko:

This may be a car forum but some of the more interesting threads are nothing to do with cars at all let alone Zeds... i.e. the 'Manroom' thread...

Although 'Manroom' is a good title as it seems to be "look at the size of my........................ projector screen ;) "