shafted again :( (insurance)

bigmike20vt

So with the new Thatcham insurance groups, apparently if your new group is doubled over the old one you stay the same.

if it is more than doubled then the car has been regraded to a higher group effectively and if it is less than doubled it has been lowered.

AFAIK the 350Z was group 20

its now group 45!!! so that will mean a big old increase on my premiums.

what does all that mean then? I have to have a thatcham approved on mine for the insurance as it's an import - is this going to affect me?

dunno, but being a woman will

Tell me about it! Moving out of a village and onto an estate didn't help either! :thumbdown:

I don't under stand what you mean ?

I am renewing my insurance this month and mine is £500 cheaper and am only 23 year old with 5years no claims , And mines highly modified

That is great news, i can only imagine it is your age which is helping you there...... Apparently insurance is estimated to be going up across the board around 40% with almost all car insurers claiming to be operating at a loss at the moment due largely to the "where there is blame there is a claim" personal injury attitudes people have now.

So with the new Thatcham insurance groups, apparently if your new group is doubled over the old one you stay the same.

if it is more than doubled then the car has been regraded to a higher group effectively and if it is less than doubled it has been lowered.

AFAIK the 350Z was group 20

its now group 45!!! so that will mean a big old increase on my premiums.

Maths not your best subject then, previous highest group was 20, its now 50 so can't see how the old ones are just doubled.

Maths not your best subject then, previous highest group was 20, its now 50 so can't see how the old ones are just doubled.

My maths is fine thanks.... I am just repeating how they tell you to work out how to get an idea on how it will effect you. the extra 10 points are for "niche" vehicles apparently which were inaccurate in the old system.

But a B+ for trying on the sarcasm anyway. :bangin::p

n

• 3 weeks later...
I randomly got a quote with the insurance company I'm currently with (Adrian Flux) & it's £401, last year it was £1670! Lol! Dropped over £1,200! Well, it's up for renewal this month so we'll see...

I got quoted £945 from Adrian Flux

46 years old

12 years no claims

Intake manifold mod (plenum spacer)

ECU reflash Uprev

Manchester postcode

Garaged

15 years performance car experience

I took it because I was struggling getting insurance because of the mods!

Anyone know why it's so damned high???

Is it my Manchester postcode?