No Tyre Pressure Readings On The Trip Computer!?1?

im00

Hi again people.

Reading the handbook I'm informed that the Trip Computer should display the tyre pressure readings once the car is doing over 16 mph or if it can't display them it should instead display 4 dashes thus ----.

Yesterday I tried cycling through all of the Trip Computer Modes (by pressing the button) whilst driving at 25 mph but got no read-out on the Computer that looked like either a reading of Tyre Pressure(s) or the ---- display.

My questions then are:

1. Its a 2006 model - Do all of the models have this Tyre Pressure Monitoring System or is it only selected models/years?

2. Although I checked the display at 25 mph this was immediately I got to that speed from a cold start - do I have to wait a while for the sensors in the wheels to "wake up"?

Just to add, the tyres look like the standard Nissan type. Whilst typing this I can't remember the actual make but do remember looking at them the other day and noting that they are the tyres I've seen mentioned on here.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this chaps.

im00

You can always buy a pressure sensor monitor. I've been looking at a couple but the one I really like (Tyresure) has to be fitted inside the tyre and I was quoted £30 per wheel :scare: as the wheels need to be rebalanced. The other one called TyreDog is easy to fit, just screw them in to the valves, but doesn't seem to be as accurate from the reviews that I've read.

Pete

American Manual perhaps?

I know they do a TPMS on the 370Z....

Not something that was ever an option in the UK on the 350Z I'm afraid.

Are you sure about the 370z, can't find one on mine, must read the manual.