Guidance needed

Michael robinson

I was wondering if anyone could help me am looking to get more power out of my zed but don't no what mods to go for next .

I Currently have -

Cosworth intake plenum and spacer

K&n induction kit

Aam oil pan spacer

K1 exhaust

Racing multi carbon clutch

Am I right in thinkin that decats and an uprev Is the next step? other than going fi ?

Is there a step am missing ??

Sorry if this is a stupid question to most of you just am new to the modding world and don't no where or what next (so much option) :blush:

Thanks for looking or helping in advance :thumbs:

Y-pipe & decats/HFC. Could do headers but they are a bitch to install. Then a remap once all done

agree with the y pipe and HFC/decats but i wouldn't bother with the headers; yes they will unlock more power but the cost required to fit them let alone the actual price of buying them compared to the gains you'll actually see arent brilliant.

if you have money to burn then do it, headers are great, but on the zed you're looking at about 12 hour install time; and if the average labour rate is about 30.00 an hour. your looking at about 360.00 minimum before you even buy the headers.

Hi,

your list;

Cosworth intake plenum and spacer

K&n induction kit

Aam oil pan spacer

K1 exhaust

Racing multi carbon clutch

Your need a good flowing Y pipe.

If you dont mind running without CATS that the way to make the most BHP

The Cosworth plenum will only give you around 4/5 bhp at the top end of the engines rev range , and the early VQ (DE) motor cant revved over 7100rpm due to valve train limits and oil pump limits.

Headers I feel are a expensive mod for very little gain , the stock Nissan headers are good for the rev the stock motor can take , again you need to rev the motor over 7000+rpm to get any gain.

I have seen 265 axle BHP ( approx 300 flywheel BHp with de-cats,Y pipe, Cosworth plenum , air filter ( not all cars are the same thou)

any questions ask away.

Sorry for the slow reply , and thanks for Everyones knowledge and opinion, I live in Newcastle area north east so no doubt thing will be alittle dearer here unless I come abit south , and my car is the DE motor (53 plate gt) .

So if I pick this up right even with doing decats and uprev I will only see minimal difference in bhp but a bit different in torque?

Starting to think I will have to work some over time to go turbo :wacko:

I just love the rush of driving and pushing you and your car to the limits.

If you aren't at your own limits (on track) then spend a few hundred on track days and tuition.

If you can drive the car and you and your limits are exceeding that of the cars then throw £10k at it to get a turbo kit done.

One mod I've done to my Z is fit a lightweight Flywheel, don;t know about power and didn;t do it for any gains but the thing is loads lighter than stock, the dual mass thing is like picking up a bag of cement and the engine revs really nicely now, seems to pull harder and picks up quicker when going through the box. With the other mods you have, could be a worth while addition.

Ando

average labour rate is about 30.00 an hour

Unless you live down south. Cheapest (good) mechs down here are about £50/hr :surrender:

+1 I paid £45 an hour for my headers to be fitted & that was at mates rates :headhurt: It cost me 4x more to install them than it did to buy them :lol:

One mod I've done to my Z is fit a lightweight Flywheel, don;t know about power and didn;t do it for any gains but the thing is loads lighter than stock, the dual mass thing is like picking up a bag of cement and the engine revs really nicely now, seems to pull harder and picks up quicker when going through the box. With the other mods you have, could be a worth while addition.

Ando

I have the lightened fly wheel it come with the clutch kit and your right it made quite a difference to the revs and feel of the car .

Will look in to the headers , decats and y pipe .

Can anyone recommend the best types ? (berks, stillen ect)

Also can anyone recommend a place to purchase a turbo kit ? ( just every where I look it ends up coming from America or is America the only place that sells them ? )

Thanks again for you helpfulness and knowledge :thumbs:

average labour rate is about 30.00 an hour

Unless you live down south. Cheapest (good) mechs down here are about £50/hr :surrender:

+1 I paid £45 an hour for my headers to be fitted & that was at mates rates :headhurt: It cost me 4x more to install them than it did to buy them :lol:

i know i get mates rates where i go, hadn't realised they were that good, i only pay about 30 an hour for work to be done. :lol: