Finally succumbed...off to abbey

Will370z

Funny thing is, every time I go to Abbey I let my other half know that I'm going for a "Service". Now, I went down in May, August, October/November (can't be sure) and now again this weekend.

She made me laugh tonight, she said "how come your car gets serviced so often" I replied "Oh that's because it's tuned and if not it will go bang" (She undestands if I put it that way).

So I think I've got away with it! :ninja:

Hey Will. Do you mind listing what else you are going to get done?

I've thought about getting a remap done but a little concerned that it would be too twitchy in first.

Jim

In the wet, yes it can get a little twitch, although you've gota be pushing in the first place to get a reaction. In the dry it's no problem what so ever.

Get the re-map, it's well worth the smile on your face when it's done :thumbs: (+ it removes the 155mph limiter!)

Not that I've every tested it :ninja:

Jim

In the wet, yes it can get a little twitch, although you've gota be pushing in the first place to get a reaction. In the dry it's no problem what so ever.

Get the re-map, it's well worth the smile on your face when it's done :thumbs: (+ it removes the 155mph limiter!)

Not that I've every tested it :ninja:

My car is not remapped, but it is not limited....

Hey Will. Do you mind listing what else you are going to get done?

I've thought about getting a remap done but a little concerned that it would be too twitchy in first.

Jim

Thanks for the comments guys.

After much advice from a few of the guys on here....you know who you are lol, and from mark I'm going for the up rev, panel filter and plenum spacer. I'm also getting the knocking on the front wheels sorted once and for all. Should go well with the milltek. Then pop on my new alloys and it's all good to go. Can't wait.

Wasso I bet you have your own personal room down there by now don't you :teeth:

Will let you know how it all goes. Will try not to be too obvious bunny hopping out of the abbey car park :blush:

Unless you are on a track you're not going to get it up to that sort of speeds. And i'm not track/wrecking my Z for anyone. :wacko:

But, I'm still tempted for more response on the open road. Right now though, I'm happy with it the way it is.

Jim

I'd be surprised if anyone could even get to those speeds on the track without forced induction, you would need s straight over a mile long. I know some tracks may have this but up here there's no chance.

As for wrecking the zed on track. If you have never tried then you won't understand.driving on the track is much less harsh than driving on the pothole ridden roads now. My car has now been promoted to weekend track car to save it getting wrecked. If you try u may realise what I'm talking about.

Fair comment Neil. It feels like it's a slalom on the roads today. Swerve left, swerve right, avoid the car, mind the massive hole!! Oh then there's road works!! :rant:

I was watching some Nurburgring action last night on youtube, and it reminded me of the condition of the track - ACE!! You don't even get motorways in any condition near to the ring.

There's certain sections of the M40 where the road has subsided, they've fixed some of it, but left other parts just to rot!!

There's more chance of causing damage, either by hitting some noob who hasn't got a clue, or wrecking your wheels and suspension on our fantastic potholed roads!!

Well what a difference a morning makes, just got back from abbey and what a great morning.

First thing i have to say is what a great bunch of people. Sooooo friendly and made me feel very welcome. Even the dogs came to say hello. Great customer service. Not many places that you get offered breakfast, and marmite, and lunch :). Top marks, very impressed.

I was having an uprev, panel filter and plenum spacer done so off the car went into the workshop.

Now to put my expectations into context from my discussion with others and my over active imagination I had assumed the uprev would give me huge power, press the accelerator and you are thrown into the back of the seat, lots of wheel spin.....well not that bad but you get the stereo type.

You dont get that (thank god) but what you actually get is something far far superior and much more valuable. You get a car the way it was truly meant to be, and thanks to Abbey i totally love it.

The improvements in torque you get means you get consistent power delivery across all the gears, its like a different car. Pre the up rev i always used to shift up at 4500 revs as i found the rest was just noise and you got more umph moving to the next gear. That is no longer the case, far from it. From low down in the revs to the top end the power just keeps coming, and coming, and coming. Its happy in second past 5,500 and it sounds amazing. I would never have driven like that before.

I was worried about excessive acceleration and wheel spin but that is not an issue the car is far smoother and comfortable on the road. Even tootleing along in town it feels far superior. If anyone is having thoughts about going for this you really should, its the way the car was meant to be.

Sat in the roadster with Mark as he took it through its paces and it was really interesting, seeing how much extra torque is unleashed is truly impressive, my thanks. Bet the poor car got a shock as its never been revved that hard before.

Unfortunately the printer wasnt working so i didnt get a copy of the dyno results but they are on their way via email and ill post them up when they arrive. wrt bhp i believe Mark managed to get it from around 270 up to 292 ish but that only tells a small part of the story.

Sarah kindly got me lunch and i stopped on the way home at a nice spot to eat the sandwich :thumbs: Thank the roll was lovely

Newmotor010.jpg

I now have one serious issue, im really scared of speed cameras.

Driving home i decided against the motorway and took a scenic route, so much more fun. Its a small world as one part of the journey led me to the Wise Old Owl :) ah i remember those roads following a certain white 370.

I do have one complaint though, someone at abbey must have drilled a hole in my fuel tank as i got home and all the petrol i had put in this morning had dissappeared, or maybe that was because of the fun detour i had in my revitalised zed

As a separate aside as i was flipping through the magazines at Abbey i came across the December 2010 Japanese Cars Banzai magazine, issue 110. Colin i think you will be interested in page 41 where GUNS takes centre stage B) . Hope you can get a copy.

To all at Abbey, thanks again, keep up the good work and see you again :#1:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Cheers

Well what a difference a morning makes, just got back from abbey and what a great morning.

First thing i have to say is what a great bunch of people. Sooooo friendly and made me feel very welcome. Even the dogs came to say hello. Great customer service. Not many places that you get offered breakfast, and marmite, and lunch :). Top marks, very impressed.

I was having an uprev, panel filter and plenum spacer done so off the car went into the workshop.

Now to put my expectations into context from my discussion with others and my over active imagination I had assumed the uprev would give me huge power, press the accelerator and you are thrown into the back of the seat, lots of wheel spin.....well not that bad but you get the stereo type.

You dont get that (thank god) but what you actually get is something far far superior and much more valuable. You get a car the way it was truly meant to be, and thanks to Abbey i totally love it.

The improvements in torque you get means you get consistent power delivery across all the gears, its like a different car. Pre the up rev i always used to shift up at 4500 revs as i found the rest was just noise and you got more umph moving to the next gear. That is no longer the case, far from it. From low down in the revs to the top end the power just keeps coming, and coming, and coming. Its happy in second past 5,500 and it sounds amazing. I would never have driven like that before.

I was worried about excessive acceleration and wheel spin but that is not an issue the car is far smoother and comfortable on the road. Even tootleing along in town it feels far superior. If anyone is having thoughts about going for this you really should, its the way the car was meant to be.

Sat in the roadster with Mark as he took it through its paces and it was really interesting, seeing how much extra torque is unleashed is truly impressive, my thanks. Bet the poor car got a shock as its never been revved that hard before.

Unfortunately the printer wasnt working so i didnt get a copy of the dyno results but they are on their way via email and ill post them up when they arrive. wrt bhp i believe Mark managed to get it from around 270 up to 292 ish but that only tells a small part of the story.

Sarah kindly got me lunch and i stopped on the way home at a nice spot to eat the sandwich :thumbs: Thank the roll was lovely

Newmotor010.jpg

I now have one serious issue, im really scared of speed cameras.

Driving home i decided against the motorway and took a scenic route, so much more fun. Its a small world as one part of the journey led me to the Wise Old Owl :) ah i remember those roads following a certain white 370.

I do have one complaint though, someone at abbey must have drilled a hole in my fuel tank as i got home and all the petrol i had put in this morning had dissappeared, or maybe that was because of the fun detour i had in my revitalised zed

As a separate aside as i was flipping through the magazines at Abbey i came across the December 2010 Japanese Cars Banzai magazine, issue 110. Colin i think you will be interested in page 41 where GUNS takes centre stage B) . Hope you can get a copy.

To all at Abbey, thanks again, keep up the good work and see you again :#1:

Good write up Will, just needs a good clean now :lol: .and a set of wheels :thumbs:

Pete

Funny you should mention that ;)

Let me know when the wheels are free, I thought the best thing would be to contact Tarmac and see if he can transport them down via his new company.

Have you got your new wheels yet? :thumbs:

Are you saying the car needs a clean.....the cheek of it :lol:

Good write up Will, glad you're happy with the results. Any figures for torque improvement?

Still awaiting the dyno results via email. Can't remember them off the top of my head but looking at the graph I could see the jump up was significant, more info to follow when I get it.