Finally succumbed...off to abbey

Will370z

Sounds great and seeing the results on the Dyno screen today, they are very convincing. I can't afford it right now but the torque and driveability improvements sound desirable and good value on a nm per pound spent basis. I wondered about the smoothness of the throttle response but from what they said and your experience it sounds like there is no downside.

I also had great service today from Abbey sorting out my uprated drop links/rose-jointed compression arm bushings/4w alignment inc lifts to/from station!

Ah so that was your blue roadster there Neil, must say it looked very tidy, looked in lovely condition. Pity you were not there when my car was done otherwise I could have taken you for a spin to see the up rev effects.

Not sure 'spin' is the correct term to use :drive1

Haha touché.

you must have seen my GM there (S3 OOY)... it's been there for two days; P2 service, panel filter, plenum spacer, remap, braided hoses, new upgraded discs (DBA ?)... plus a few bits they found wrong and re-alignment... looking fwd to results at Combe in May :)

Good write up Will, just needs a good clean now :lol: .and a set of wheels :thumbs:

Pete

Funny you should mention that ;)

Let me know when the wheels are free, I thought the best thing would be to contact Tarmac and see if he can transport them down via his new company.

Have you got your new wheels yet? :thumbs:

Are you saying the car needs a clean.....the cheek of it :lol:

I don't have my new wheels yet but you can have the Rays anytime from the 25th onwards :thumbs:. I can swap them over next week, providing my back is fully recovered from the last wheel swap I did. :)

Pete

Good to see another happy roadster owner with similar mods (and power) to me. I have been to Abbey loads of times and they are genuine people, talking to Mark while he has dyno tested my cars is always interested and informative. So did you drive back with the roof down? :)

If it's not raining mine is just about always down just for the sound, love it (feeling sorry for coupé owners ;) )

Anthony.

Good to see another happy roadster owner with similar mods (and power) to me. I have been to Abbey loads of times and they are genuine people, talking to Mark while he has dyno tested my cars is always interested and informative. So did you drive back with the roof down? :)

If it's not raining mine is just about always down just for the sound, love it (feeling sorry for coupé owners ;) )

Anthony.

Lol yup roof was down. Pulled over to eat lunch and take the photo above and a little old jogger ran by, smiled and said "bit cold for the roof down isn't it", nope no way it's perfect. Can't wait for the summer and more tunnels :yahoo:

Anthony.

Lol yup roof was down. Pulled over to eat lunch and take the photo above and a little old jogger ran by, smiled and said "bit cold for the roof down isn't it", nope no way it's perfect. Can't wait for the summer and more tunnels :yahoo:

Haha glad to see your just like me, I always get people saying I am mad to be driving in such cold weather, but some gloves and a hat and its just as good but with better sound :D

I agree totally with you guys - the 350Z roadster is luxury with the roof down even when its cold :thumbs:

Years ago I picked up a Westfield from Saffron Walden to bring back to Coulsdon when it was about minus 5. It didn't have a heater (although you do get some engine heat) and when it's that cold the vinyl roof shrinks to the point you can't get it to stretch over the poppers with removing all your fingernails - so I had to leave it in the boot.

When I arrived in Coulsdon I virtually had to be lifted out of the car as the upper part of my body seemed devoid of independent movement (albeit with a frozen smile on my face) :cold: My daughter, who had volunteered to come with me, seemed to find it less amusing than I did.

I agree totally with you guys - the 350Z roadster is luxury with the roof down even when its cold :thumbs:

Years ago I picked up a Westfield from Saffron Walden to bring back to Coulsdon when it was about minus 5. It didn't have a heater (although you do get some engine heat) and when it's that cold the vinyl roof shrinks to the point you can't get it to stretch over the poppers with removing all your fingernails - so I had to leave it in the boot.

When I arrived in Coulsdon I virtually had to be lifted out of the car as the upper part of my body seemed devoid of independent movement (albeit with a frozen smile on my face) :cold: My daughter, who had volunteered to come with me, seemed to find it less amusing than I did.

Haha I too have had a few deep freezes in soft tops, but nothing as basic as that! It is luxury isn't it? With heated seats and the amazing heater you really don't get cold. If I put one of the kids in the car I can put the passenger seat right forward and take them completely out of the wind. For me I can get a bit of a head chill, but only because I am 6'4" so have to have the seat right back.

You definitely don't want to be 6'4 in some Sevens without a lowered floor, Tillet Seats or long cockpit (ooh er missus) - you might get in ok but a reasonable proportion of your head would be exposed to more than just the cold :lol: Fortunately I am more vertically challenged than you!

Anyway......based on Will's (and others) experience with UpRev I have a horrible feeling I may not be able to resist in the next 12 months or so (once I have put more pennies in my Piggy Bank).