Think i found myself a private(ish) plate.

AK350Z

I'm not one for private plates normally, but under the current system there is a registration area code AK (Peterborough DVLA), so its quite easy to have a personalised but not to shouty plate. Sadly AK08ZED is apparently being worn by a Ford Focus Zetec somewhere! :angry: -the cheek! :lol:

However, another useful variant has come up on the database. It's original vehicle must have been scrapped or something, as it wasn't available when i last checked a year or two ago. Ok, it's in the cheapest price bracket on the DVLA website, but that still makes it 300 sheets, which I find a bit rich considering its just a standard issue plate.

Hmm, what to do.....

Might wait till payday I think, or the *cough* credit card comes out....

A 370 Chris? I wish! Might as well just wait till GTR's are £30K. Fran's expecting a holiday or three once I finally stop paying for red Zed! I was always intending on keeping it for 5-6 years anyway. Unless I win the lottery of course.

haha guess you arent going to tell us what it is :p

It's not a massive stretch of the imagination! But i guess unless your gf's name is Andrea Kilbride or something, its probably not of much interest! :lol:

Thinking of getting one myself ;)

i think T0S 53R 1 is already in use :shrug: (only kidding beavis)

what ideas you got for one, are you going to try and spell a word or something else in mind. i've seen a couple with my initials like RJT F5 and other variants etc which are around the 300 note mark.

my personal view on them is get something that can be swapped about on cars, if you go car specific it makes it a very short term item. i hope to have one i can give to a child wehn they are older (if i have kids)

Not trying to spell anything, it'll just be a normal looking plate that just happens to start with my initials. Like above, although we on this forum might consider AK08ZED to be "car specific", The guy/girl who owns the 08 Focus with it on has probably never even thought about it.

Anyway, could always put it on another nissan Z, a Z3, Z4, Corvette Z06, err.... and so on... :lol:

Anyway, could always put it on another nissan Z, a Z3, Z4, Corvette Z06, err.... and so on... :lol:

370z :#1:

Anyway you're not allowed to sell your 350z, its too nice. Sell it to me when you're ready, I'll take it and the plate for the right price B):teeth:

Needs to mean something to you cos it's a private plate.

Not keen seeing things like X5,X3 on X5s etc. (same seeing zzz or zed on a 'Z'.......gone to hide now)

But I also accept and think,that it is a personal choice thing .

what ideas you got for one, are you going to try and spell a word or something else in mind.

No just name initials, not many with DJW (my initials) around but my son's initials are RDW which is much cheaper. Got my eye on one from the mid 80's ;) Will be able to pass it on too him at a later date too :)

When did you play up front for them hugh in the 70's :lol:;)

I prefer the older prefix style plate Martin found 111 JCH buts that's at auction with a reserve off £1900 so bit to much for me or Y22 JCH which would match in with what I bought Zoe off Y22 OES (Y2 2OES) that's a more reasonable £410