Top gear = crap

sparky370z

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still holding out hope but i actually flicked over the channel last night :doh: allthough i dont like the way they hardly review any cars anymore, i still normally find it entertaining. But last night was so pathetically fixed, i actually started to feel a bit sorry for the presenters as their blatently set-up gags failed to entertain anyone i was watching with... oh dear

at least EVO are doing some good video reviews and car related features these days.

Check out this one of Francois Delacor tearing round the Route Napoleon:

i hold evo in high respect; especially for their online video reviews, just changed my subscription from topgear to evo for this year.

i still enjoy topgear for its entertainment value,

yes the setting a man on fire was staged; but who cares, i watch it because it make sme smile. if i want informative useful reviews on cars i read my evo mag and go online.

WTF was last night?

The Beemer stuff was OK.... but it was like that HAD to put it in, JUST because they "have" to do some car stuff.

I have always been a die hard TG fan.... I was THIS close to turning off last night.

If next weeks is no better... that's it for me. :rant:

i enjoyed the last episode of the series. was back t how it was a couple of years ago with i nice GT road test, track feature and some some easier viewing features, like the moon lander. Good Job. :thumbs:

Lets hope they carry on the next series how they left of with this one, allthough im not holding my breath for an unbiassed GT2 RS review think its got too late for that now even for TG :(

• 2 months later...
i actually enjoyed it, :blush:

found it quiet interesting bombing through albania; its a place i know nothing about, and must admit all the cold war stuff actually interests me, and would love to go and play around on old subs and migs.

the cars weren't reallly my thing but they have to look at all kinds of stuff.

i really liked the polestar volvo. that thing is epic, why wont they build it. would have that over the other 2 any day

A post i copied and pasted

Volvo are offering just 30 of their C30 AWD 'Polestar' cars, RHD, through their UK dealers.

Pretty much as seen on Top Gear and elsewhere but with 380bhp and without Ohlins suspension and some other fancy stuff.

They say the Swedes are like our German cousins but without the humour....£50,000 is Volvo's proposed price....

A few good writeups for the full flavour 'show car' but with no provenance whatsoever, apparently Volvo's marketeers reckon it on the same level as the top EVOs and Imprezas...........maybe add a few Audis to that, the odd used, nearly new M3/M5, maybe even an OZ V8.

A couple in the Volvo tuning community reckon our customers can do the job with a V50 AWD donor or its AWD and fuel tank off a wreck, an RS engine, couple of Quaife diffs, good software and the pickings out of a few old Volvo parts bins.....my view is that whole package would go well into the current C70, a handsome car with greater presense and the advantage of much wider track.

Interesting. hmmmmmmmmmmm 50k Bargain!