Roof lifted off

JetSet

Got home from the Chester Mini Meet last night to find that the front third of my garage roof had lifted off. Luckily its still attached but with 60/70 mph winds predicted later today it may be that the whole thing will come clean off :scare: . I'll post some photos later on today, if it's safe to go out there :lol:

Pete

Amazingly we didn't lose the power, went off for a while Thursday morning and Thursday evening but I'm thinking this was something technical. Can't really do anything to secure it for now as it's still pretty windy and is raining cats and dogs. Not looking good either as we're under an orange met office warning today and a yellow one for the next 2 days...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... html?day=1

Pete

Yeah, that's what I'll do. The door is lying on the grass now, it unhinged itself in the wind yesterday so I propped it up against the garage but it blew over within minutes so I just left it there. Wind is picking up again, if it does completely come off then at least it'll blow away from the house (and the cars :lol: ).

Pete