Finished article.

Baptist

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't decided yet, tbh. I got the UTEC from Jaysen, admin of 350z-tech, he's already got a NA map on it tuned by Japtrix, and for mods very similar to mine (intake, plenum, test pipes and exhaust) so should be a very good starting point.

I'll be installing it myself (I had a look at the manual and looks easy enough... famous last words :lol: ) and on map 0 it runs the stock map so that'll be a good starting point to see if it works ok. I'll give Jaysen's map a try and also have another couple of maps from my350z I will upload, but ultimately i will want tuning.

Thor: depends if they've had any experience up to now, otherwise might as well let TDi North or Chris from WRC have a go as the theroies are the same, and the sotware looks straightforward enough to me so it's got to be a piece of cake for people who know what they are doing. Will be interesting doing a bit of data logging on map 0 to see what's my AFR with the mods on and take it from there.

Its not a complicated system, in fact the front end is as basic as it gets. Be much better when they release the new software, as the hyperterminal stuff is stoneage. Very good unit though. You wont go far wrong with any of those tuners, and with it being N/A, you cant do much damage. The knock control is very good on the system.

Heres the dyno chart.

Ignore the torque curve, its all to pot on this power run, as you can see by the curve which is totally different to how the car produces torque. Its quite difficult to get an accurate torque figure on the rollers without doing left foot braking to try and get some steady state conditions. I already have the torque figure confirmed on the engine dyno, I just needed to see what peak HP was.

eb85cf2a.jpg

Heres the proper torque performance as per the engine dyno.

The only reason we couldnt get the true power figure on the engine dyno was due to the lack of wheel speed sensor input to the ECU, it kept bringin the limiter in at just under 6k RPM, so the dyno allowed full sweep of the RPM range to see what peak power was. :)

Powercurve.jpg

Bllllllllooooddddyyyyyyyy hhhheeelllll!!!!!

Im very very impressed Bap! I need to meet you and come for a spin sometime

Yeah no probs mate. I'll be at some of the meets next year no doubt. Wish I knew how fast it was on full boost, havent been able to use it at full whack yet, have to wait for spring for that. :wacko:

Yeah no probs mate. I'll be at some of the meets next year no doubt. Wish I knew how fast it was on full boost, havent been able to use it at full whack yet, have to wait for spring for that. :wacko:

Can I book a ride too please????????? :teeth:

Oh bring on the dry. I can hear you saying that in your head!

How do you find that power in the wet?

BTW- you have the BEST ZED on here and possibly in the UK.

THe styling is spot on, performance in spot on and well, its a great colour too :thumbs:

Thanks very much fella's, Im very happy with it now.

Suspension needs some tweaking once its dry, as the torque really makes it wag its tail when you nail the throttle (havent been past 12 psi yet either!)

Will get the corner weights adjusted in spring time to dial that out.

• 4 months later...

Just noticed elsewhere that Bap is selling his engine for £10k. No news on what is planned next.....

Hmmm. 584 bhp, 604 lb/ft. :cloud9:

This engine has 7k miles on it, and runs flawlessly, no smoke, just full fat 584bhp/604lb/ft of torque with the map thats loaded on the UTEC.

My proposal is this, buyer would drive to RJN, they pull your motor, pull my motor with kit attached, and drop in, only extras required would be a UTEC ecu, Clutch and any other goodies you wish to put on your car while its in.

Im looking for 10k for the Engine with kit attached.

RJN can turn this around very quickly. This really is the simplest way to get your car to a top spec with minimal hassle.