Finished article.

Baptist

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was told by RJN he was thinking about cams? :lol: he should have put them on when he opened the engine for the internals.. :rolleyes: since really if you want cams you'd have to open it up again (engine out etc...)

I tell you what he's got planned: he'll do exactly what I will want to do when I have the money: get GTM to build his engine with their 4.2L stroker kit and APS Extreme TT kit, like the one in NitrouZ on my350Z.

Otherwise why would he want to keep the UTEC anyway? If he wanted to put it back to standard, he wouldn't need that. PS what's happening to the block that comes from the buyer's car?

was told by RJN he was thinking about cams? :lol: he should have put them on when he opened the engine for the internals.. :rolleyes: since really if you want cams you'd have to open it up again (engine out etc...)

I tell you what he's got planned: he'll do exactly what I will want to do when I have the money: get GTM to build his engine with their 4.2L stroker kit and APS Extreme TT kit, like the one in NitrouZ on my350Z.

Otherwise why would he want to keep the UTEC anyway? If he wanted to put it back to standard, he wouldn't need that. PS what's happening to the block that comes from the buyer's car?

I'm sure you're right. He's definitely not going back to stock - the spare block is the buyers to sell AFAIK.

tell you what though... when people say... "more money than sense"..... I think they made this phrase up for Baptist :lol:

Ah well lucky him that has got tens of thousands of pounds to play like this! B)

If you think about it, this is Z nr 2 for him. He got the APS TT and installed. THEN he opened it up to do the internals. THEN this. WTF? :lol:

Consider that if he's done 7k miles on that block... the ££Â£/mile ratio must be ridiculously high! As in, doesn't even enjoy the car with all the stuff he puts on? :wacko:

Guest prescience

It is a bit strange to say the least - but it is a very good deal since you retain the stock block if all goes boom somewhere down the line :thumbs:

You could purchase a donor car for say £15k

plus UTEC plus clutch plus engine that's £28k

plus say 1 day out 1 day in fitting that's £29.5k

plus 1 day tuning that's £30.5k

So for £30k or about the price of a new 07 GT you have a 600/584 car - not bad at all

It is a bit strange to say the least - but it is a very good deal since you retain the stock block if all goes boom somewhere down the line :thumbs:

So for £30k or about the price of a new 07 GT you have a 600/584 car - not bad at all

Tempted, D? ;)

Guest prescience

Tempted, D? ;)

No mate not really. Having driven a S/C one for a year but only at weekends which had significantly less Hp and torque, I would say that in an awful lot of circumstances (road conditions and weather), this would be undriveable and very hard to live with especially if you needed as a regular driver - which I will need once we move oop north :)

he won't say... people asked him in his original thread on the Oc and he wouldn't say openly.

Plus I'm banned from the OC remember, and he won't visit here now he's a Mod over there (not that I'm complaining, never liked the way the guy posts anyway ;) )

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my zed is now under new ownership. Its gone to a good home, and that makes me a happy man.

Why did I sell? well, after spending all that money on the car, it just left me a bit cold, the thought and doing of it wasnt as enjoyable as the finished article. Had fun along the way, but wouldnt undertake something like that again.

:)

Glad to hear its gone to a good home Baptist. Shame you didn't enjoy the whole experience as much as you thought you would.

Although you wouldnt do it again, Im sure the knowledge you gained along the way and the experience you gained will come in valuable again at some point in life. Thanks for sharing the details with us from time to time and look forward to any input you may offer into other peoples projects in the future if you are still around.

Take care and good luck with whatever car you get next :thumbs:

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my zed is now under new ownership. Its gone to a good home, and that makes me a happy man.

Why did I sell? well, after spending all that money on the car, it just left me a bit cold, the thought and doing of it wasnt as enjoyable as the finished article. Had fun along the way, but wouldnt undertake something like that again.

:)

Not spilling the beans on who it is then, mate? ;)

What's next for you?

Cheers. The main thing Ive discovered is that these projects are just an endless pit of money, as soon as you sort one thing, another one gives up. When all said and done its still a 350Z no matter how much dosh you throw at it. (not dissing zeds in anyway, they are great cars)

The manufacturer knows best, and thats what im sticking to from now on, factory cars that Im not constantly messing with!

Great as a weekend toy, but not suitable for daily transport.

• 4 months later...
hmm let this be a lesson to us all, dont throw too much money modding the Z. However, I think its amazing what Baptist did, nuff respects due to him B)

It was an amazing achievement but throwing that level of money at a car and for it not to be perfect is not my idea of fun. I agree with Baptist in that I would reather leave the designing and boundary pushing to manufacturers and just pay for the end product, imo :thumbs:

hmm let this be a lesson to us all, dont throw too much money modding the Z. However, I think its amazing what Baptist did, nuff respects due to him B)

It was an amazing achievement but throwing that level of money at a car and for it not to be perfect is not my idea of fun. I agree with Baptist in that I would reather leave the designing and boundary pushing to manufacturers and just pay for the end product, imo :thumbs:

Yehthink you are right, Im still gonna TT my engine but only to 380bhp max, but first gonna get use to it and change suspecsion and brakes first...

Ive come to the realisation no point of talking big BHP's when I cant drive :blush:

absolutely awesome car B) did we ever find out who bought it ? i havent seen or heard of it on any forum.... weird

it sounds as though you put that much into a car like that, by the time its done you are sick to death of it

improve one part and find the weakness in another :wacko:

hat off to baptist though B)

absolutely awesome car B) did we ever find out who bought it ? i havent seen or heard of it on any forum.... weird

it sounds as though you put that much into a car like that, by the time its done you are sick to death of it

He's not on here AFAIK.

He's not on here AFAIK.

nor on the oc :headhurt: weird if i had it i would have pics of it in every thread (bit like sarnie :blush: )

He's not on here AFAIK.

nor on the oc :headhurt: weird if i had it i would have pics of it in every thread (bit like sarnie :blush: )

Speed67 IIRC. ;)