Styling suggestions please

Nuno

Hi Guys

I own a black 05 roadster. Its standard except for 20" wheels and light smoked tints. I have purchased a nismo style n1 spoiler and shine nismo style sideskirts (thanks sarah for the quick delivery on the sideskirts :thumbs: ). I will also be getting the nismo rear spats and hopefully have it all fitted by Mitz & Andy very soon.

I'm considering a stealth look and I was thinking of:

Smoothing the rear spats into the rear bumper

Smoothing the centre line in the side skirts

Smoothing the spoiler into the bootlid.

Removing the front and rear badges

Smoothing the front bumper badge recess

Replacing the front grill with black mesh.

Painted the side Z emblems and handles either matte/gloss black

The front reflectors, indicators and rear lights will be tinted with the flyeyes kit.

Colour coding the internals of the headlights.

Powdercoating the wheels matt/gloss black

Im not sure what lip to get at the front. I'm not sure whether I should go for a vs style cf lip, or varis. Are there any others you guys think would look good?

At the moment I'll just be fitting the kit and not painting as I've still not decided whether I should go for a wrap or not, I was thinking matte black

What do you guys think?

theres been alot of people who have done this on here. I'm sure if you search it you will find. I think one of the guys that used to be on here called nrenz123 done his skirts and spats. Have a search. It probably will look good but If your wanting that extra stylish look i would think of other ways as alot of this has been done before. Just my opinion, if you want a showstopper car then you have to be original. :thumbs:

Sounds B) dude!

Whats wrong with getting the Nismo bumper/replica? You've already decided on Nismo everywhere else!

Guess if its too plain for you you could think about carbon splitter or canards or both! :thumbs:

Matte wrapped Zed's look :cloud9: black will be B) have you decided on an accent colour? Somthing that really pops like pink or lime green or orange

What wheels are you painting? with what? I :cloud9: powder coated! :thumbs:

So many decisions! :lol:

Sounds B) dude!

Whats wrong with getting the Nismo bumper/replica? You've already decided on Nismo everywhere else!

Guess if its too plain for you you could think about carbon splitter or canards or both! :thumbs:

Matte wrapped Zed's look :cloud9: black will be B) have you decided on an accent colour? Somthing that really pops like pink or lime green or orange

lol stu, green has already been done before you arrived on here by p15ult. It really was a beast.

Sounds B) dude!

lol stu, green has already been done before you arrived on here by p15ult. It really was a beast.

And Jay has Orange B) and Pink would just look ghey :lol:

Go Purple :teeth:

Sounds B) dude!

sumo power have pink cars that look awesome, couldnt drive one myself as my mates would be giving me it tight about it.

Cragus was thinking about purple. I would take two colours and mix them and add a flake or something. Go for something wild

I've been thinking about doint this for a while, and have had a look at other cars on the forum with the same thing done. I'll attach them some of you dont know what it will look like (hope the owners of the cars wont mind).

I'm not a big fan of fibreglass and prefer things to fit right, cant justify the cost of an original nismo kit and its still made from fibreglass. I bought the shine side skirts as they're the hybrid frp material. I dont have a problem with the rear spats being fibreglass as they'll probably be smoothed in. If kits were easily available in abs then I'd go for new bumpers, a chargespeed rear with the carbon diffuser instead of smoothed rear spats and a nismo v3 front

Sounds B) dude!

sumo power have pink cars that look awesome, couldnt drive one myself as my mates would be giving me it tight about it.

Cragus was thinking about purple. I would take two colours and mix them and add a flake or something. Go for something wild

Pink would look amazing! It takes a real man to wear pink!

Just for that I'm now going to wear pink Fred Perry to the pub later tonight! ;)

You'll spot me easy! :lol: Bet no one says I look ghey! :blackeye::lol:

Search for taddy and andy's cars they went for the stealth look and managed it well

Agreed with Neil that if u want something completely different and to stand out from the crowd then nismo bits have been done to death but they do look good when smoothed

i ve just replaced my front bumper with a v2...i went for the smooth look and had the badge recess filled.i even went so far as to leave the canards off.

check out my pics on the forum to give you some idea. :)

Search for taddy and andy's cars they went for the stealth look and managed it well

Agreed with Neil that if u want something completely different and to stand out from the crowd then nismo bits have been done to death but they do look good when smoothed

I can see what your saying. But I want to limit the amount of fibre glass on the car, and the nismo kit goes well with the lines of the car, and as you said they do look good smoothed in.

I like Taddys car, but think it would look even better in matte black like andy's, which is why I'm considering the wrap

Im unsure with what front lip I should go for and whether I should smooth the spoiler into the boot lid