Help!

Johnster

personally, no my neck or head has never touched the headrest when driving normally. You should position the headrest directly behind your head ( i think the top of it should be in line with the top of you head), it should stop you getting whiplash in a crash!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 6 ft 3 pretty much and I gotta agree with the rest I find the space and seats absolutely fine. The more I drive mine the more I love it! Don't recall having the same feeling for any other car and I've been through a lot! :thumbs:

£29k is a lot of money to pay for a car - did you not have any of these doubts before you bought it? You must of seen the storage space or lack of it during the test drive period?

I tested mine for an afternoon and took it all over the place before I started trying to source one. When I did I drove it 450 miles home and was surprised I could jump out without pain!

I came from a lexus and it was much more practical etc but then I wanted to change into a sports car. I think the storage is amazing for the type of car. Can get two sets of golf clubs and all the gear in! Magic.

Solutions, also try a tonneau cover to stop stuff rolling about the boot.

I'm 5' 9'' and a bit of a fat b**tard but I don't have a problem getting in and out etc. I think it's technique!

Buying a sports car is a buying into a lifestyle. If the lifestyle doesn't fit then maybe it's a bad decision.

I feel every bump on every road.

Everything slides round the boot whenever I drive anywhere.

I bang my head getting out and my knee getting in (and I'm only 5'9")!

Driving on open roads is great but driving round town is awful - the gear box is clunky and the gear stick is stiff; the car just hates being in first or second gear; the brakes seem unresponsive; the steering is heavy; it just seems like hard work to drive it around; reverse is terrible (rarely goes in gear first time).

The lack of storage space is annoying.

Am I going crazy????? I thought these cars were good.

:headhurt:

You bought a sports car, and you complain about the suspension being too stiff, heavy gearbox, heavy steering, and lack of storage space? :headhurt:

The difference between one car and another is a bit more than just the shape and the engine, you know :p

Sell it and get a BMW 320D :surrender::wacko:

if you need a tonneau cover then I will be able to supply you one.

When I test drove the Z, I also took it out for a few hours, I gave it a damn good ragging, did the old motorway, town and country road testing.

Took the traction control off and scared the whole cub scout population of britain who were being dropped of a t Wellington Country park as I drifted round the roundabout (did't see them) made a hasty exit.

Didn't buy that one funnily enough

:drive1

I would have a look at the dials on the bottom right hand side of the seat to adjust height and support.

Took mine in to the stealers because of a faulty stereo and it tooks me a good couple of days to find my ideal seating position again.

Try looking around the health and safety directive because it clearly states the correct driving posture, if for any reason you cant recreate it then 14 day the car on unfit for purpose grounds.

I would safely promise you can get the correct position, have you even tried adjusting the steering wheel height? This will affect you reaching distance as for getting in the car try swivelling like your getting on a stena stair lift, I get the impression you should be used to that.

I love the storage space, I mean fags, lighter, phone, wallet, glasses oh and a spare seat to put a lady friend on genius, love those thoughtfull japanese types for creating such a master stroke in todays world.

My old car was a civic type R and that not even close

Hi mate, I'm 6'2" and have done around 23k miles and never had any problems. I regularly drive from Manchester to London, Coventry, the wales drive, Anglesey, Blackpool, etc etc all decent journeys plus with traffic can be 5 hours easily with London. You really need to have a good play with all of the seats settings and the height of the steering wheel, I tend to have the seat as low as it'll go, as far back as poss, but with the back reasonable sat up. The wheel one click up from the bottom setting, iirc. I'm sure once you get this right you'll feel completely different about the car. On the storage, have you found the big box behind the passenger seat? Plus the other cubbies I find it more than enough :D

I had muscle pains for about a week when i first got it. you have to give your body time to adapt to the new (and better) seating position. My aches were on the shoulder/arm area. I am 6ft too. They also went rather quickly

Ditto, I'm with Val.... Your body needs to develop and become used to your new type of seating posture ;)

Just give it more time :thumbs:

P.s where do you live in Warrington, I'm fairly local :)

I had muscle pains for about a week when i first got it. you have to give your body time to adapt to the new (and better) seating position. My aches were on the shoulder/arm area. I am 6ft too. They also went rather quickly

Ditto, I'm with Val.... Your body needs to develop and become used to your new type of seating posture ;)

Just give it more time :thumbs:

P.s where do you live in Warrington, I'm fairly local :)

I live in Grappenhall, close to Latchford Locks and the Spar.

Feel free to come round and compare cars

Very strange that the seats are causing you problems. I broke 3 vertebrae at the top of my back a while ago which sometimes cause me pain, but never from driving. I've done a couple of 10 hour trips from Zurich to Slovenia since I had the Z and am frequently to be found blasting around Germany (gotta love those Autobahns!!!) for 5 or 6 hours a go. No back pains at all....

Only thing I had a problem with was bad sunburn after forgetting to put suncream on my neck on the way back from Slovenia, but I can't really blame the car (roadster) for that :)

Sorry you're not happy with the car, but as McDonalds would say (if you get this advert) I'M LOVING IT!!!

Seems like its all wrong mate id sell it to me for £18k and i'll throw in my MGZR too B)

...I think you would have to pay him to take your MGZR!! :boxing::D

:rant: Take that back young man! haha

...as if I have anything to shout about - going Honda Civic this Saturday :yawn::yuck::thumbdown: !!!!

....12 months and counting for an 07 plate 06!

Good luck on finding that car - patience is a virtue - mind...have you checked out the other site as there is a GM going for a song??????

G

Here is one seat option - which has the wiring loom issue covered also

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... 2&small=17

If you wanna go Recaro, you'll need runners and mounts - information on the US forums for these

LOL at lomoto

more info here ..........

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cf ... gory_id=77

i can recommend these guys for the work they did on my interior and i am sure they can customise your chosen seat to fit or lower the stock ones

http://www.precisiontrimming.co.uk/interiors.htm

I think I know what the problem is with the seats. They are shaped with a ridge around the edge. This has the effect of pushing my shoulders forward (which i think is what is causing the problem).

Is there any way fo changing the seat for a flat leather seat that will still be adjustable but won't push my shoulders forward in this way?

funniest opening post on the internet, ever!

thanks a lot

any ideas how i could improvise and create an arm rest for my right arm?

to be honest I think your best option will to bail out now before you lose too much money, sounds like your never going to get comfortable in this car :surrender:

mind you it is possible to convert to this

200-101967.jpg

funniest opening post on the internet, ever!

thanks a lot

any ideas how i could improvise and create an arm rest for my right arm?

to be honest I think your best option will to bail out now before you lose too much money, sounds like your never going to get comfortable in this car :surrender:

mind you it is possible to convert to this

200-101967.jpg

i'd love to. you going to make me an offer?