Import Taxes

bakseedaa

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has an idea how much the final bill would be on importing car parts from the US.

I am looking at the Stillen exhaust which at the moment comes with the free Gen 3 air intakes. At the moment

with delivery to Manchester airport stands at more or less $2000 which equates to £1280, does anybody have a rough idea what the final total would likely be?

If its going to be a lot more i will more than likely go with the Akropronic which will give me a bit more time to get the money together, but the Stillen

sale ends Friday. Thanks in advance

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has an idea how much the final bill would be on importing car parts from the US.

I am looking at the Stillen exhaust which at the moment comes with the free Gen 3 air intakes. At the moment

with delivery to Manchester airport stands at more or less $2000 which equates to £1280, does anybody have a rough idea what the final total would likely be?

If its going to be a lot more i will more than likely go with the Akropronic which will give me a bit more time to get the money together, but the Stillen

Usual rule of thumb is 10% import duty on the cost of the item and then 20% VAT on the whole cost including shipping......

With those kinds of numbers, you are better off travelling light to New York on a cheap air fare with a couple of empty suitcases to bring it back yourself. Chances of getting stopped at customs on your return is virtually zero. Go for a long weekend and make a holiday of it. Maybe buy some other bits to make the trip even more worthwhile. Make sure you do have the duty and VAT though in case you do get stopped :)

In fact i worked it out. You could get a free trip, with 1 night stay to New York out of it this way, especially if delivery to New York is cheaper an UK which presumably it is. If you get it delivered home, you will also have to pay the shipping agent's fee for processing duty and VAT. This will be another tenner at least.

Mind you, I have no idea how much the Stillen kit weighs, it might blow your baggage allowance :D

Usual rule of thumb is 10% import duty on the cost of the item and then 20% VAT on the whole cost including shipping......

+1

30% of the marked price & you wont be far off ;)

You could always get it shipped to me in jersey and pop over on the ferry and collect it, but you might still get rumbled getting it back home.

By the time you've added the 10% Jersey import tax and the :boat: costs (not to mention the crossing time), I'm not sure the 20% VAT saving would really be worth all the bother. :blink:

You could always get it shipped to me in jersey and pop over on the ferry and collect it, but you might still get rumbled getting it back home.

By the time you've added the 10% Jersey import tax and the :boat: costs (not to mention the crossing time), I'm not sure the 20% VAT saving would really be worth all the bother. :blink:

What do you think of your Akroprovic Chippy? It will cost me approx £400 more for the Akroprovic than the Stillen with the Gen 3s inc shipping and taxes. How much do you like yours and would you buy it again given the chance?

I do like the Stillen, I have heard Colins and it was nice..... B) but i do much prefer the look of the dark carbon fibre tips to the shinny tips of the Stillen, but ive never heard the Akroprovic in real life.

I have never been any good at making decisions :headhurt: But i suppose there are worse things to be decided out there :blink: