Engine malfunction light on

MazzaG13

It could be a number of things - suggest you first do an advanced search with " Engine malfunction light". That throws up a page of possibles. ;)

Could be just a glich with the bad weather affecting the battery and might clear itself but otherwise you may need to connect up a code reader to identify what has tripped it and then take it from there.

engine lights there for a reason, tells you something is not right. to ignore it without knowing what has caused it is tantermount stupidity.

you can read the code using the reset method above mentioned above, or plug a code reader in.

there is also a thread listing all members with code readers who are happy to read codes for people for free.

it may just be a glitch or minor sensor fault; or it could be engine failure. general rule of thumb is if the light comes on get to a garage as soon as you can. if its flashing stop the car as soon as it is safe to do so and ring for assistance.

Yep must suss this one out.. I have used the peddle method..its okay once you get used to it. I got my wife to help and used a stop watch...timing is critical. Without the fault code it could be so many things its not worth listing. Personally if it keeps coming back on once you have reset it I would not drive the car any more than needed.

Best of luck and start stamping that acc peddle>>>>>>>

I used my iPhone stopwatch, only took a couple of attempts...

I wouldn't panic unless the lights are flashing, I had the engine light on for a while but I knew it was because I had Berks fitted.

I currently have ABS & TCL lights on intermittently but that will be sorted in a couple of weeks, although it does mean when they are on I have no driving aids :drive1