Newcar? deciding what to get page 2 shortlist HELP

iain10101

what this man said although id go for the diesel fr over cupra just for fuel economy, plus you could always fit the cupra kit on to it (of if your lucky like my mum it came with it on already). only problem is it was terrible in the snow.

Diesel FR economy is not great, lucky if I get 40mpg which is pants for a Diesel, but then it's not any ordinary Diesel :ninja:

mums gets around 46-48 bit more on a run, get it mapped for more power and it'll improve mpg aswell (or well did/does on the ibiza).

:lol: I like the way he has narrowed it down to 3 then gets another 3 suggestions lol

Out if the 3 I'd personally go golf but as much as I love the gti Iv heard the drive is far superior on the r32- why not have a drive in both?

1, 5 doors as 3 children

2, A little sporty looking as i like heads turning

3, reasonably quick as the mondeo is a 2.5v6

4, something the wife will like as you know! lol

5, something cheap to repair if things go wrong!

6, RELIABLE..................

7, something the wife is able to drive AND PARK???, NO BOATS ETC!!!

S-TYPE R, which has 5 doors, sporty looking if you get a later model, VERY QUICK and the supercharger whine is awesome, the wife WILL like it, im ex jag tech so ill fix it, there reliable, has the odd common fault but solid car if a later model, the wife can park it, its an auto, can get parking sensors, so its perfect, fits into your 7 requirments.

1, 5 doors as 3 children

S-TYPE R, which has 5 doors, sporty looking if you get a later model, VERY QUICK and the supercharger whine is awesome, the wife WILL like it, im ex jag tech so ill fix it, there reliable, has the odd common fault but solid car if a later model, the wife can park it, its an auto, can get parking sensors, so its perfect, fits into your 7 requirments.

Wifey likes the 07 onwards shape but bit pricey i fear. And i like a manual! Will look on pistonheads for more info. Although testing a 57plate R32 on sunday which is also a little dearer.

The R32 is a great car, I used to have the MK4 and the engine/exhaust note was glorious. The MK5's are very refined and easy to live with, so your wife will love it. They're fairly thirsty so expect to average 20mpg in mixed driving.

1, 5 doors as 3 children

Wifey likes the 07 onwards shape but bit pricey i fear. And i like a manual! Will look on pistonheads for more info. Although testing a 57plate R32 on sunday which is also a little dearer.

DO IT! lol, the whine of the supercharger is ace, yer its not a manual but the auto boxes are good, earlier ones do suffer with small issues which is mostly down to the software in the module, if you do decide to go for one let me know and ill give you things to look out for.

i drove one recently, i tried the DSG which i think madfe it worse for me; i'm going to try the mk4 next with a manual box. golf gets my vote.

Well i took the R32 out, manual mk5 in blue. To be honest i loved it! But i dont think id like to own it. There was about £20 petrol in it we did about 20 miles and the petrol light came on. It handles like its on rails, looks awesome. It just didnt blow me away. Maybe its just me?? Im taking a 56plate out on tuesday, im hoping it was just the one i took out was maybe not my cup of tea or something. Wifey loves it big time as she has always wanted a golf. I walked away with a smile on my face but dissapointed, i was expecting so much more and it didnt deliver. Sigh, high hopes for tuesday. Gonna drive a st3 tomorrow at the local ford dealer with the montune pack which is cheaper and i prefer the looks but will decide in the fulness of time.