Roadsters in the Winter

Kingman

Been having trouble getting the Coupe I was after due to dodgy dealers.... I actually believe some of these people cant be bothered to sell them unless you are getting finance through the dealership :rant:

Now have my sights set on a Roadster, which has the aded bonus of being local at a good dealer and with a known and solid history (07 plate 313).

Bit worried about soft tops in these conditions having never owned a roadster of any description before, anything I need to be concerned about?

Cheers

Andy

First time I have ever bought a convertable and was not sure I was doing the right thing but boy am I glad I did, I cannot recommend the roadster enough you have the best of both worlds owning a Zed with the coupe performance and features plus the added bonus of the roof down when it gets warmer and driving in the summer months at night is fantastic :yahoo:

Although it's a ragtop you would not know, it's still sound proof with the roof on and warms up inside in the winter like any other car. If the car is a good price go for it I would love the later 07 model. :D

Had trouble with the seal when first bought (2nd hand) water leaking both windows quite heavily. All repaired under warranty. Bit of a shitter getting in and closing doors in this weather but us northerners are getting the worst of it...Can't wait for the summer to come, roof down, exhaust growling and bose sound... :teeth:

Hi there! As the others have said it does not get better!!

Triple check all the outside stitching on the roof, mine is a 55 plate and is starting to rip near the drivers door handle as the inside has rubbed through, but check the whole lot.

Look for stains of bird poo and the like on the roof, ask them to deep clean them out for you.

Look along the door to the rear wings, make sure the lines line up well from the top edge of the door (bottom of the window) to the wing, as sometimes people try to lift the door by the close brackets to make a better seal, which does not work.

I know if its outside you will not want to drop the roof, but maybe ring ahead and ask them to put it inside the day before (warm showroom) and get them to drop the roof so you can see it foldsstraight away, some stick (like mine now and again) but its not much to worry about as you can grease everything up.

Then just normal things for everything else!!

Hope you enjoy it!! :D

Well the deed is done...

Took the car out for a test drive yesterday all is fine, apart from the roof, which has a fault, so wouldnt work at all. Nissan will fix before I buy, as they will a slight bit of kerbing on one of the alloys. Other than that its the dreaded one lady owner car :blush:

All being well should collect the car on New Years Eve, lets hope its sunny and 20 degrees C! B)