slide motorsport sr powered(probably)350z drifter

slidemotorsport

time for me to start a project thread!

after selling my last drift car, the s14.5, to fund living it up in aiya napa all summer and setup costs of the garage the time has come to start building something new :D

wanted to do something a little bit different that would get noticed and altho i love sx's i just couldnt think of a way of making one stand out from the rest plus ive been there and done that so a 350z seemed like the perfect option.

i couldnt afford a full car so started looking for a damaged one or a rolling shell, except the totally written off ones on ebay there wasnt much about that i could find.eventually got talking to lee (r35lee) off here who said he had the perfect car :D

pictures will be better than me describing it but its basically got a little bit of roof damage and o/s/f wing is fooked. the cars 100% straight chassis wise tho. im having it minus the engine , gearbox and interior.he's delivering it to the garage next sunday so then the madness can begin

basic plans are to strip as much weight out of it as possible, full cage, custom wiring looms, all the safety gear and probably an sr20 :wack:

engine choice isnt 100%, all kinda depends on money in a couple of months time when i come to fitting it, its got to be around 400bhp tho

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small world I think, I recognise your old car. Are you Matt or did you get the car from him?

i am matt :D who are you tho?? notice your from yorkshire :wave:

I'm Craig, you might know of me but prob not, a good mate of mine (Gaz) bought that black 200sx off you earlier this year. Used to see your car driving about in Ackworth a bit but don't go over there much anymore.

Lookin forward to the project though, hopefully see it about when its built

rb will definatly fit. more experience playing with sr's and when i planned it out i had an sr sat in te garage that would of been perfect, thats in a customers car now tho so not sure what to stick in it yet?? im up for ideas....

i am getting more and more tempted with an rb but we'll see. if money want an issue it'd be having a 2jz

rb will definatly fit. more experience playing with sr's and when i planned it out i had an sr sat in te garage that would of been perfect, thats in a customers car now tho so not sure what to stick in it yet?? im up for ideas....

i am getting more and more tempted with an rb but we'll see. if money want an issue it'd be having a 2jz

Well rb26's are decent and im sure you know can run big power but it costs abit to get them running realiably at that power. 2jz's are wicked and can handle about 800-1200bhp on standard internals, but they are heavy and expensive to buy and converting to a single turbo isnt that cheap. LS2 is a good shout if you want to stay n/a with the possiblity of going FI in the future. All depends what you want the car for

RB's arent the most reliable engines at power, but you can sort that out with some oil feed and crank lengthening work. JZ's are good, but a few have broken this year - the gearboxes cost an arm and a leg too. :thumbdown:

SR20 will run 400hp all day long without any problems, relatively cheap to buy and replace and if you cant afford a V8 would be the best choice for me :thumbs:

BTW, so I know you slidem0otorsport? If you are a drifter and are on SXOC I should do ........ :bangin: