Gt5 racing

Will370z

There seems to be a number of us with gt5 but no online racing has been sorted which seems like a missed opportunity.

Daz, spursmaddave and wasso are hoping to get online tonight for a bit of zed fun so if you fancy joining the more the merrier. Feel free to join my lounge around 7ish. Tag name is warpedstorm.

See you at the finish line,

Will :#1:

ill see you there! id better start the system update then :thumbs:

Good idea as there is a ps3 system update and a gt5 to get, full damage certainly makes things interesting. Just hope it doesn't do tyre wear as Darren will be in the pits every 5minutes after all his drifting.... :teeth:

I would love to see you there...... but have not had the time to play........ a tiny think called work :lol::lol:

I am off for 3 weeks over Christmas so will make up for it then :thumbs:

Excellent would be good to see you on the track, but if you fancied just 1 race this evening you are more than welcome.

Managed to get to level 21, 1,500,000 in the bank, all licences done and most of the races and ... PS3 goes bang :rant:

Can't do a back-up and can't transfer my saved data elsewhere. Have to buy a new PS3 and start again :angry::angry::angry:

Surely the warranty will cover it? Thats shocking that you cant transfer the data over :surrender: I'm sure somewhere in the underworld of PS3 geeks they can save the data for you.

Managed to get to level 21, 1,500,000 in the bank, all licences done and most of the races and ... PS3 goes bang :rant:

Can't do a back-up and can't transfer my saved data elsewhere. Have to buy a new PS3 and start again :angry::angry::angry:

Surely the warranty will cover it? Thats shocking that you cant transfer the data over :surrender: I'm sure somewhere in the underworld of PS3 geeks they can save the data for you.

It's about 6 years old so no warranty. Problem appears to be the hard drive (I'm hoping it's just corrupted rather than fubarred) so can't access any data on it at all. If I manage to back it up and stick a new hard drive in I can recover the data, but can't transfer my saved game data to a new PS3 (it's all copy protected for some reason).

Problem is I can't access the hard drive without the damn machine hanging. It won't turn off properly either. It boots up, signs me on and then crashes when I try and do anything.

Trawling through Google at the moment trying to find a solution........ :angry:

Sounds like it will be a case of buying an USB HDD caddy, dismantle old machine, stick old HDD in USB caddy, attach to new machine and restore. I have found that seems to be the most used method. Whether it still works I have no idea. :surrender:

Sounds like it will be a case of buying an USB HDD caddy, dismantle old machine, stick old HDD in USB caddy, attach to new machine and restore. I have found that seems to be the most used method. Whether it still works I have no idea. :surrender:

The game data is linked to the motherboard serial number somehow, so you can only restore to the same machine (new hard drive), not a new machine.

Not bothered about any of my other stuff on there, just the GT5 saved game data. Guess I could buy a new hard disk and see if I can fiddle it somehow.

The game data is linked to the motherboard serial number somehow, so you can only restore to the same machine (new hard drive), not a new machine.

Not bothered about any of my other stuff on there, just the GT5 saved game data. Guess I could buy a new hard disk and see if I can fiddle it somehow.

Bummer. The threads I read made it sound like you could restore them, so assumed it allowed it across different mobos. Its crazy that you can pay all this money and not have it backed up :angry:

Finally managed to back-up data on the old hard drive (after about 19 attempts), put a new hard drive in (250Gb drive from Amazon for £30), all formatted fine and restored my data - all working tip top again and everything still where it was :#1:

Old drive is completely fubarred, so had a ceremonial chucking out of the upstairs window. Now got lots of space and am a happy bunny again :teeth:

I had the HDD in my PS3 go after only having it for 3 weeks.

Rather than go thru all the trouble of returning it, I just replaced the HDD with a bigger one and all has been fine.

OEM drive was a Seagate and personally I don't like Seagate drives, replaced with a Samsung SpinPoint, which I am a great fan of :)

I don't like Seagate drives

How come? I think HDDs are a very personal thing, coming down to personal experiences. Back when I was in uni Seagate was my no 1 choice for drives as they had the longest warranty and also pretty much the quietest drives. Hitatchi were the worst with their "Death Star" drives. Not sure how things have changed, I'd imagine these days they are all like for like pretty much.

Anyone put a SSD in a PS3 yet? :teeth::lol:

Not 100% sure but I believe the latest huge patch enabled saved games to be transferred. No help if your old hard drive is buggered though.

We need more people for some gt5 races, Darren is too easy to beat now I need some real competition..... ;)....honest guv.