SOMEONE IS GOING TO F-ING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vik54

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's her rinsed and completely dug out now so I could rinse the brakes off properly and move her ten feet back and forth to clean the rotors off. The problem is I still can't get off the hill safely to take her for a run - but its rapidly thawing tonight so hopefully by the afternoon tomorrow I can get her out and properly cleared. The rotors have come up ok I think but need to see in the daylight.

I am quite convinced it was done on purpose - it was the same last year when they came to clean the autumn leaves with leaf blowers - she was covered and everyone else's cars were fine - I caught up with the workmen in the next street and phoned their foreman on the spot and made him come out to see it. :evil:

:thumbdown: TBH Vik I would take it to the highest person you can and claim it has rusted your car, marred your paint work and covered your brakes so put yours and other people lives in danger. You should write a very stern letter to complain and get compensation or something done about this. If they dont want to do anything about it report it to the police as vandalism to your property and and endangering your life and others because of the grit in the brakes.

Im with the above - I would guess that there may be some damage from firing grit at the Nissan paintwork for that length of time will have caused some damage, not to mention the posibility of scoring rotors etc.

Someone deserves to be on the dole for christmas for that, and if it were mine Id make damned sure someone was sacked for that. Pictures of the car and its deliberate vandalism by council workers sent to the local rag would do the trick. Id threaten them with that for a start.

That is awful - not surprised at all about your reaction Vik although I rather suspect you are not the only one up and down the country had this happen. No comfort, but knowing Council's they will either not respond or hand it over to their insurance company and not worry - after all, it's you and me who end up paying in some way or another :dry::rant:

Have just emailed the Transport manager again this morning - but this time with photos - I wanted to give him the chance to see the damage before he could respond to my email from yesterday. I think once he sees the extent of the line of Grit ALL the way along the car he'll understand what I'm getting at.

I do feel a bit daft because he will have much bigger fish to fry at the moment but I'm really angry about those PF front rotors - cos they cost a packet!! :shrug:

Daood - I'm not going to the Police! :lol:

Chris - I think taking it to local press could backfire - I'm a middle management council employee with an English accent with an expensive 'looking' sports car who's complaining about the council trying to clear the roads?! See what I'm getting at? In current climate of hate against public sector think it could go either way.

Colin - they have to respond in writing within ten days - I work for the council and my emails have been sent via our work system so they Bl**dy better respond ;)

Ah right - didn't realise you were employed by the council yourself. Yes - probably not the best position to be in if creating waves.

Perhaps the gritter driver knows that this car belongs to a middle manager in the the same council?

Mind you - its actions like that which demonstrate the attitude which gets him driving a gritter and you in middle management I suppose. ;)

Perhaps the gritter driver knows that this car belongs to a middle manager in the the same council?

Mind you - its actions like that which demonstrate the attitude which gets him driving a gritter and you in middle management I suppose. ;)

highly unlikely he knows me and even if he does - completely different departments from a different base location - Fife council is HUGE :)

Cor you lot are such a load of conspiracy theorists :lol:

That is awful - not surprised at all about your reaction Vik although I rather suspect you are not the only one up and down the country had this happen. No comfort, but knowing Council's they will either not respond or hand it over to their insurance company and not worry - after all, it's you and me who end up paying in some way or another :dry::rant:

And after the big freeze and big thaw out the next thing will be the pot holes in the roads...