Rear Tyres

purple&black

I need to replace the rear tyres ONLY. On Bridgestones at the moment. Will it be ok to put Falkens on the back? ( I know sometimes its not advisable to mix tyre brands front and rear) as with Christmas coming up, money is a little tight and with the bad weather, I feel they may need replacing soon.

I need to replace the rear tyres ONLY. On Bridgestones at the moment. Will it be ok to put Falkens on the back? ( I know sometimes its not advisable to mix tyre brands front and rear) as with Christmas coming up, money is a little tight and with the bad weather, I feel they may need replacing soon.

I'm in the same boat at the moment. Looking at the wear rate I've got 1,000-1500 miles left on the rears and maybe 5-6000 on the fronts. I got a price from the local fitters and to replace the original Bridgestone rears, like for like, would be £320, to replace all 4 tyres with Falkens would be in the region of £460. I've mixed tyres in the past (on cars with much less power) but on this occasion I'm going to fit the Falkens all round, I'm sure that's the best and safest option.

Pete

You'll feel worse when you stuff your car into a ditch ;)

Do them all in Falkens or get Bridgestone rears. Winter is the worst timeto be mixing tyres.

The chances are that you have Bridgestone 040's on the car. It is not adviseable to use the much superior Bridgestone 050A's just on the rear as it will show up a lack of grip at the front. The 040's are rather poor in the wet and no doubt why Nissan stopped supplying them on the later 350's and 370's.

There are varying opinions about what tyres are best, but what we do know from experience of the ZED is that it is safer to use 4 tyres of the same make and type and even tread wear. Unfortunately the more expensive they are the better they are likley to be, but that is not to say some of the mid-range tyres are perfectly suitable. In the dry you can get away with various combinations but in the wet the ZED can be a real handful and that is where tyre choice becomes critical.

A set of 452 Falkens all round can be had for under £500 - if budget is limited - I have used them and found them more than adequate. Otherwise go for a full set of 050A's if you can.

worst thing to do is mix across axles, mixing front to back is not the best idea but can be pass able. but for the price of falkens compared to other brands and the level of grip they'll give you i'd spend the extra 100.00 and get falkens all round.

i'm running them all round at the moment and have been really impressed with them especially in the snow. mine are 255 35 18 and 225 30 18.

worst thing to do is mix across axles, mixing front to back is not the best idea but can be pass able. but for the price of falkens compared to other brands and the level of grip they'll give you i'd spend the extra 100.00 and get falkens all round.

i'm running them all round at the moment and have been really impressed with them especially in the snow. mine are 255 35 18 and 225 30 18.

Rich you should point out those sizes are not standard for the OP's Zed

Rich you should point out those sizes are not standard for the OP's Zed

sorry husky rang me and i pressed send before finishing my post.

yes these are for my S2k, the point i was going to make was that in these sizes and the lower profile (compared to stock rays) they seem to work very well. the lighter car may also help as well.