Boot lrelease issues!

waynehardy

Is anyone having any problems with opening the boot on their 370?

when i first got the car it took a single press to release the boot no problem.

However each time i now i go to open the boot (after pressing the release once) it opens part way then seems to get stuck and wont relase completely until ive pressed the button again....its starting to annoy me now and wonder if this is a common issue?

Like the 350's the hatch on the 370's will not always open without a helping hand - here is the US TSB - and like other documents Nissan use 350 images :doh:

[attachment=1]Rear hatch springs TSB page 1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]Rear hatch springs TSB page 2.jpg[/attachment]

Can't believe this is still a problem.Nissan can't even get the basics right. :thumbdown:

My quote from July this year on the same issue:-

Got the same problem, just cannot believe we can send a man to the moon and here we are 40 years later sticking pennies in a boot to make it open? I used to put pennies in a door to go to the loo in a public toilet (cleaned that one up for you). Heath Robinson or what, the daft thing is that Nissan dealers are well aware of these issues and have left them abandoned.

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Took mine in for a service last week and asked them to look at the boot release.

They confirmed it was faulty.

Repaired under warrenty.

Boot opening on a single press of the button :clap:

Checked it today, and still opening (5 days later) :)

Can you not get the struts re-gassed at a higher pressure? ......... just not so much to take your chin off when you press the release :lol:

I would be interested in doing this I know you can get them re-gassed but who does a slightly higher pressure?