Pannel filter or full induction kit?

Rob2005

After much searching and reading i though id ask the question although its probably been done to death :blush:

After recently coming back to a Z (MY06 Revup) im wondering if i should simply fit a good pannel filter or do the whole popcharger/induction kit thing?

My last Z was a JDM and i replaced the plenum, K&N Typhoon, ARC titanium exhaust etc but im keen this time to keep the performance modifications simple.

I want a different (slightly louder than std exhaust) and my filter after checking it today is stinking so it needs to go..

You have a rev-up airbox (much sought after) so just stick a panel filter in. If you want noise and lose a few bhp then do the induction kit thing. I have had both on my car but have just sold my pop charger and gone back to the standard airbox simply because the engine feels so much better with it on. :)

Thank Beavis, im not really willing to loose power over induction noise so ill take your advise as you have the same engine and have experienced both panel filter and pop charger.

What about an exhaust? Ive been looking but again i dont want anything stupidly loud, just a little more 'burble' and something shiney :teeth:

P.s. im assuming mine is the Rev-up as it was registered May 2006, has LED rear lights and my rev light is set at 7000rpm.. would be good to clarify mind as my local dealer is clueless!!!

P.s. im assuming mine is the Rev-up as it was registered May 2006, has LED rear lights and my rev light is set at 7000rpm.. would be good to clarify mind as my local dealer is clueless!!!

Yep thats a rev-up :thumbs: I have a Nismo exhaust on my car for the noise and its very shiney. But not sure how easy they are to get these days but second hand ones do come up on the forum from time to time. Have a look in the for sale section. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40961&hilit=nismo+exhaust

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
so whats peoples thoughts on filters? Worth doing and getting rid of the OEM one for a new one? Or people have found no effect.

Seems very cheap for something especially if people find an improvement!

I think the Cosworth panel filters Alex is selling are the choice of those that know.

I've got a pop charger because I'm easily amused by whooshing noises.

Not sure what i should be getting here! :blush:

Can sumone confirm for me what engine ive got so i know what my first performance mods gonna be in the new year! :yahoo: Plenum spacer with either K&N Typhoon or Drop In Panel!

(Bloody mirror vandals have set me back a month! Grrrrr! :angry: )

ps... Sorry for spammin this thread!

I have had the following set ups on my car -

Standard exhaust standard filter

Standard exhaust pop charger

Buddy Club pop charger

Buddy Club standard filter

Milltek standard filter

Milltek HFCs standard filter

Milltek HFCs Cosworth filter

Bugger all difference between any of them!

Only comments

Pop Charger sounded lovely but when I took it off boy did the car seem more lively

Standard and Milltek on their own were quiet

Buddy Club with pop charger was way too loud!

Milltek with HFCs would be sacrilege too mask that sound with a CAI noise...

Just my 2p and all my own opinion, which obviously is gospel :lol: