FFS Think my car is cursed

SteveW

Its just one thing after another with this bloody car.

I'm sure it is cursed.

First off when I bought it some random scratches appeared in places that I had no idea how they appeared, then one day I went to the gym and returned to find some git had reversed into me damaging the paint on the front bumper (I have a cresecent moon type thing by the burger about ten inches wide).

Then a few months later and someone reversed into me at a set of traffic lights luckily only a damaged number plate. If I wasn't an honest chap I would have said the moon thing wasn't there before anyway thats history now...

A few months later a bus pulled out on me and I had to take evasive action involving me mounting the kerb and damaging the front bumper further, spider cracks in all the paint and an out of shape portion. Thank god I never had the crescent moon thing repaired!!

Then sitting in a queue of traffic and some gibbon drove into the back of me, they paid for the bump to be repaired.

Then there was the brake saga.......

Basically I fitted new brake discs and didn't check the runouts. 3 - 4k later I started to suffer with DTV on the rear left so got them skimmed. I should have at the time investigated why this had happened and sorted it before skimming. Anyway it transpired the reason why the disks needed skimming was because the wheel bearing was on its way out I naively thought the disc was running out because I had a moment in the snow and slightly bumped the kerb so assumed I had bent the hub. The wheel bearing subsequently died at Mallory Park. So I replaced the wheel bearing and now my disc was running out again.

I didn't want to get the rear disks skimmed again until I was sure the bearing was sorted so after 3 k miles on the new bearing took the disks for skimming again yesterday. Before going I measured runouts - I got 0.15mm so thought should easily be enough meat left on the disks for one more skim. Turns out my DTI is fecked and the disk was running out by 0.85mm :scare: The guy asked if I definitely wated it skiming I said yes, wish I had said no now and saved the money for new rear disks. To get the disk back true they had to take all the drillings and grooves off one disk so I have 3 drilled and grooved disks and one plain now :bang: technically the disk is now 0.25mm below minimum thickness so new ones required but pennyless at the moment.

And to top it off on the way back from the skimming garage this happened:

mod.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Then I got gritted by a paint wrecker on the way home down a country lane, what on earth have I done in a former life??? :shrug: I must have killed a lot of Albatrosses!

Anyway rant over

Never mind, always look on the bright side of life, (bet you end up singing that all day and boy it will be irritating) :lol: Well it will look a lot more indiviual than the base models though and have you thought of having an exorcism by a priest :evil: . That would get the TV cameras in.

I would advise extreme caution and pass on the car to me.

Since the car is of asian origins, so must be the evil spirits that reside within the vehicle.

I know of an ancient ritual that will help return the spirit to world beyond our world, but for it to remain there the vessel it occupied cannot be returned to it current owner, but passed on to a new one as a gesture of gratitude.

I would take the previous haunted vehicle off your hands and you should then remain undisturbed for the future.

But honestly, I hope everything works out for you and a run of good luck is on it's way

Well I tried the lottery last night sadly only one number ....

A mate got 6 but on two different lines lol still 20 quid is better than none.

I've justtaken the carbon trim off to find the bumper is split in the lower left corner, wonder if that happened when I had to take evasive action against the bus. Might have to be a Nismo v2 now lol when funds allow.

I wouldn't want to give the cr away and pass on the curse lol

Cheers guys