For sale section (bit of a rant)

Woody

Can I make a request that nothing should be allowed to be placed in the for sale section unless it is ready to be posted. All items in the for sale section that need to be removed from the car should be placed as a feeler ad or something equivalent. The reason I ask this, is I bought (seller accepted item as sold) a set of tires on here. The advert said nothing about the fact that the tires were still on the car. I waited for around 2 weeks for the seller to find replacement tires. But he was let down buy his tire seller (no fault of his). Because the seller was let down, he is now having to keep his tires, effectively terminating our sale. Meanwhile my tires are illegal and failed an MOT. I was expecting this and that is why I bought the tires 2 weeks before my car was due for its MOT. I am now left with my car sat on the drive (my only car/daily driver) and me having to fork out a lot more than I was originally going to for 4 new tires, which I can't quite afford at this time.

Rant over

Thanks Woody

A seller should never take payment until the parts are ready to go. I agree, name & shame :thumbdown:

He never took payment, he stated that the tires were mine. But nothing was said about the fact that they were still on his car. Im not going to 'name and shame' as he was let down buy his tire seller, which wasn't his fault. Im just a bit peeved the fact that I now have to pay 4 times as much for tires, the fact my only car is off the road and the fact that I cannot make a tunnel run meet which I organised.

Up front ads is the way forward.

If something is on the car that's fine but it's up to the seller to be upfront with timescales to the buyer so the buyer can make a decision if they want to proceed with the sale.

I'm not sure if we need MORE rules but I do think that upfront honest selling is required on a forum for it to work.