Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Polo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Polo, took out the Ichiba today w and put back my OEM while deciding on which to replace with? SPL or SPC?

But not to be out done by you i tried my hands at rough polishing the arm ;) First with wire brush then emery cloth. Not too shabby and feels satisfying. I will do this to all the bits when i swap bushes :thumbs:

See you friday or saturday.

Ichiba/OEM polished/ OEM with 35K miles worth of grime/corrosion :scare:

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

When i finished it was dark!!! The zed tucked for the night B)

IMG_1673.jpg

Saw polo's car in the flesh on Saturday when i went to drop off some parts.

It is more awesome than this pics can depict B)

everything is about craftmanship and max attention to detail and and Polo, his GF and mate are very down to earth and unassuming and are really deep into the drifting scene.

When i got the Polo's GF was torquing down something in the heads and that made my day, while the lads were beavering away on other chores.

His garage is in an industrial estate between Bicester and the M40 and you would be had pressed to tell from the road. The unit is very large and when you finally get to Polo's end you will know by all the jap specials scattered around. From a 400bhp+ evo to multitudes of s14 in various guise of tune and full on drift cars with falken and other sponsors livery. I should have taken some pics :bangin:

I am very happy i went there and saw what this talented chap does and if i had any work that required a hands on approach on my zed i certainly know where to go. I can assume his labour charges will be low compared to the stealers or local garages but his knowledge and resourcefulness means you will have a good deal and be well looked after. For somebody like me who likes to do alot of my own stuff it will be seventh heaven as i am sure he will let you do some of the work yourself if you know what you where doing.

So guys living in Buckinghampshire or environs you know where to go for you zed needs B)

Polo, i hope i have not spoken out of turn as you have never offered your services here but i felt it was worth leting other zedders here know that you have a full garage facility and can do loads!

Anyway, please continue to post your progress on your amazing build and hope to see you soon.

PS: i have sent an querry to Ichiba and Adam @ Z-1 about the parts we need and hopefully we'll get some news soon but let me in if you figure something out sooner :thumbs:

Thank you, thats very kind of you :)

Just to clear a few things up thogh, from your text it sounds like my girlfriend and a mate are helping me with the build lol, this is not the case, they are building there own cars :) My girlfriends 450hp drift s14 broke a piston last week on the dyno so she was fitting a new set of pistons and torquing the head down when you showed up. My mate is doing a 1jz vvti conversion on his Falken sponsored s14 drift car. :) I wouldnt let any one else touch my car, as they do not have the OCDness i have lol. Oh and its about 10 s14's, 2 s13's, an evo and all sorts of other Jags and BMW's lol.

I am thinking of becoming a trader on here thogh, as i am already a trader on other clubs, i was just thinking of getting my self more established in the Z sceine 1st.

any way..........................

Thoghts????

Its getting alot of hate on facebook lol.

183002_10150090373841442_614746441_6694894_3776043_n1.jpg

180613_10150090398461442_614746441_6695160_6102568_n1.jpg

180178_10150090399711442_614746441_6695178_2415177_n1.jpg

I agree it looked **** on wanders r34, sticking out wider than the body of the car and just not suiting it atal, but on the 350gt its about 3-4inch narrower than the rear archs. I think it really suits it and is the exact look i wanted, remote control car stylie :)

NLDSI-R3_37_Large-DR.jpg

banner.jpg

Thank you, thats very kind of you :)

Just to clear a few things up thogh, from your text it sounds like my girlfriend and a mate are helping me with the build lol, this is not the case, they are building there own cars :) My girlfriends 450hp drift s14 broke a piston last week on the dyno so she was fitting a new set of pistons and torquing the head down when you showed up. My mate is doing a 1jz vvti conversion on his Falken sponsored s14 drift car. :) I wouldnt let any one else touch my car, as they do not have the OCDness i have lol. Oh and its about 10 s14's, 2 s13's, an evo and all sorts of other Jags and BMW's lol.

My bad! i stand corrected. your GF is even more awesome than i first thought :cloud9:

I am thinking of becoming a trader on here thogh, as i am already a trader on other clubs, i was just thinking of getting my self more established in the Z sceine 1st.

Way to go fella :thumbs:

any way..........................

Thoghts????

Its getting alot of hate on facebook lol.

I think it will look better when the whole car is painted in Falken race colors ;) And in anycase its about function not form though i personally agree that it fits better than on the R34.

The only thing i don't like is the curved bit at the lower end plates :thumbdown: I would cut it off and have a normal pependicular end plate.

I am still waiting to see what you are planning with the bonnet :D will it be reverse louvres or just cut outs and mesh underlay? I know a company that can press louvres out but i don't think they can do that pattern you have stencilled as the under bonnet strenghtenning members will be in the way :p

keep it comming :snack:

Cheers guys, the wing is undesided until the car is on wheels and kitted out, also depending on wether the owner wants to sell.

Pic Pic time!! Sorry fo the delay, but im trying to put maximum hours in so its ready for testing! Deadlin was/is end of feb which is monday so thats out the window!! Aslong as i get it to one track day before competition il be happy!

Fuel lines!!! Twin Z32 fuel filters for the twin walbro, twin feed single return fuel system

047-11.jpg

Pressure reg to go on bulk head here

050-4.jpg

056-6.jpg

Front to rear lines, note the fuel pic up pot, normaly the car will have one in the drivers side which has a pic up in each side of the tank, i have got a second one from Zmanalex on the 350zuk forum, so i will run one pic up pot each side of the tank and two pic up points in each side. Luky the walbro pumps are a direct swap for the storck pump, even the elec plug is the same.

061-3.jpg

065-3.jpg

068-5.jpg

072-5.jpg

073-4.jpg

Accusump fitted

077-5.jpg

081-5.jpg

083-7.jpg

088-2.jpg

HKS belt courtesy of Drfiftworks

092-4.jpg

Power steering pump braket

095-3.jpg

-4 fitting welded onto water pump housing for turbo water pipe

098-2.jpg

105-3.jpg

101-4.jpg

Then it was on to my pet hate!!! Wires!!!! mk4 twin turbo 6spd loom stripped!

107.jpg

Managed to get rid of this much wire, could have prob got way with more if i knew what i was doing lol

109-1.jpg

Re-coated with new conduate(sp) and new injector plugs solderd on

133-1.jpg

modded loom fitted to engine

137.jpg

Some wing defence!! Skinier than body!!

150-1.jpg

151-1.jpg

Std ARB links, with these the ARB is waaaaay too close to the sump!!

155-2.jpg

158-2.jpg

Honda CRV links

160.jpg

161.jpg

Better but still not enough il be moving the bar forward a bit

163-1.jpg

Elec board made up

165-3.jpg

Kill switch

167.jpg

Iv been woried sick about doing the elec properly, as i can build engines, gearboxs cars easy, i just dont knoiw the correct way with wires but what the heck im trying!

This is the wire from master kill to distribution box i made.

168-1.jpg

To the battery

173.jpg

Fuse and relay plate made, tucked up behind dash

175-1.jpg

Some soldering on the fuse box's

178.jpg

Engine harness/bolk head

181.jpg

ECU wired, along with fuel pumps

183.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

190.jpg

Cheers guys.

Bit of an update

Rear light loom

044-5.jpg

045-9.jpg

Fitted

047-12.jpg

049-7.jpg

mid job madness!

052-7.jpg

The two fuel pick up pots, both now fitted with new walbros, also one fitted with a -6 fitting for the fuel return.

059-8.jpg

Each pot hase two pic ups, this pic is of the second pick up for the standard pot, i just ran a 8mm ID copper pipe back accross the tank for the second one and cable tied it to the tank baffles. So the fuel tank now has two walbros and 4 pick up points.

057-4.jpg

Fitted and the rear half of wiring finished

062-5.jpg

This is all the wires used to go from the dash back, two fuel pump lives, side lights, two indicators, one fog and one brake, The 4 little wires are for the level senders.

063-5.jpg

067-2.jpg

068-6.jpg

Labeld up ready for connection

071-5.jpg

072-6.jpg

073-5.jpg

Had a delivery from the chaps at Artel :worthy:

077-6.jpg

Made some T peices for take off and return for the bubble tank

079-6.jpg

089-4.jpg

Got the cam covers back from some tig welding and gave them a dash of silver paint, was going to go blue but i think that would have been too much blue. Iv also taken to all the polished alloy under the bonnet with scotch bright to make it look less bling and chav!

092-5.jpg

093-5.jpg

095-4.jpg

Before i scotched the manifold, pics of after coming soon as i dont it on the way out the door tonight :wack:

097-4.jpg

Vac pipes for boos control, obviosly not final fitted yet, P clips and heat sheild to go on yet.

100-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

55 pic update haha

Bottom rad hose

IMG_2097.jpg

water pipe round back of engine, bypassing matrix

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

Custom hi pressure power steering hose

IMG_2125.jpg

Fitted

IMG_2127.jpg

Power cable to aulternator

IMG_2134.jpg

some heat protection as its close to the exhaust

IMG_2136.jpg

All wires routed from the front of the car to the cabbin, including fans, lights, road leagal stuff like horns etc

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

All exhaust manifold studs removed cleaned up and trimmed down to clear manifold

IMG_2150.jpg

Manifold bracing done

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Digi dash showed up

IMG_2175.jpg

mounted ina brushed alloy plate

IMG_2188.jpg

Oh and made it in to the local paper!

IMG_2200.jpg

Oil press and temp sensors fitted for the dash

IMG_2203.jpg

custom top rad hose outlet finished with -6 fitting for turbo water feed

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Ok, so we now have power!!!

Side lights,

dip beam,

main beam with warning light,

indicators and hazards with warning lights,

fog light with warning light,

brakes lights,

brake fluid warning light,

self parking wiprs with two speeds,

fans,

horn,

screen wash,

spray for rad and coolers,

starter working,

ecu powered and probs more i forgot, oh yea boost controller and a KS4 knock monitor

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

All the boost pipes back from tig welding and being swaged

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

Catch/breather tank

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

a touch of scotch bright

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Catch tank fitted

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

Some notches fut out the fuel rail to give clearance between the CAS sensors

IMG_2325.jpg

brake servo vac pipe with one way valve

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

Thats it for now folks, fingers crossed in the next 7 days il be starting her up!!! :D

Amazing. That wiring looked a nightmare, but you've somehow made it look tidy. B) Nice to see your getting some decent coverage too! :thumbs:

This has over 100,000 views on Driftworks forum alone! face book group and other forums is well over 200,000!! the paper is nothing lol :teeth:

This has over 100,000 views on Driftworks forum alone! face book group and other forums is well over 200,000!! the paper is nothing lol :teeth:

haha, maybe not - but hey, you might get a local outbreak of drifting converts in your area. Next thing you know, old biddies be sliding they're mobility scooters! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, not had the time to update this!!!

The car has now been finished for a few weeks!! Made 607hp and 615ftlb with a premiture rev cut at 6200rpm and 1.6 bar, once the cut is sorted it will be back on the dyno and clear 650 easy at 1.8bar, maybe 700 at 2 bar ;)

Please look here for the rest of the updates iv missed here

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/124180-team-falken-uk-650hp-v35-skyline-g35-37.html

bdcr1-1514-copy.jpg

bdcr1-1510-copy.jpg

bdcr1-1498-copy.jpg

bdcr1-0617-copy.jpg