UV Worldwide Parts

SteveW

I'm after a pair of spats and diffuser for the back bumper to make the back end look a bit better.

Has anyone bought any parts from UV Worldwide before and if so what was the fit and quality like?

I like the look of:

http://www.uvworldwide.co.uk/nissan-350 ... -1640.html

and

http://www.uvworldwide.co.uk/bodystylin ... -3035.html

and eventually

http://www.uvworldwide.co.uk/bodystylin ... -1638.html

Whilst I would prefer Nismo parts for fit and quality the bank balance simply won't stretch that far :lol:

Thank you

Steve

Hi chilli

I've had a look and it is possibly me being blind, but I couldn't see the replicas.

I could see the Nismo V1's and the Shine 2's but no replicas or are the shines the replicas?

If so they are sadly out of my price range. I know you get what you pay for at the end of the day so I'll have to wait & get saving!

Cheers

Steve

Hi chilli

I've had a look and it is possibly me being blind, but I couldn't see the replicas.

I could see the Nismo V1's and the Shine 2's but no replicas or are the shines the replicas?

If so they are sadly out of my price range. I know you get what you pay for at the end of the day so I'll have to wait & get saving!

Cheers

Steve

shine is the replica;

Hi chilli

Cheers

Steve

shine is the replica;

Shine usually the best of the replicas.

Some say that the Shine rep actually fit better than the originals

+1

Thank you very much!

I best get saving then for those, got so much stuff I want to do to the car before next years track day season starts wish I wasn't trying to save a deposit for a house would have so much more free cash! :lol:

Job list before next year:

Refurb Wheels - £60

Rear spats - £230

Rear Diffuser - £300

Side skirts -£300

New stereo, (mine is driving me absolutely mad, it will no longer play CD's so I'm stuck with the radio) £300

Cusco ARBs

Second set of wheels and slick tyres £500

Plenum spacer £200

Remap £400

Once again thank you for all the advice.

Steve

Thank you very much!

I best get saving then for those, got so much stuff I want to do to the car before next years track day season starts wish I wasn't trying to save a deposit for a house would have so much more free cash! :lol:

Refurb Wheels - £60

Rear spats - £230

Rear Diffuser - £300

Side skirts -£300

New stereo, (mine is driving me absolutely mad, it will no longer play CD's so I'm stuck with the radio) £300

Cusco ARBs

Plenum spacer £200

Remap £400

Steve

Refurb Wheels - £60

Is that total or per wheel?

You could try and do the tape deck hack and add iPod connection, got nothing to lose right?

viewtopic.php?p=507429#p507429

Or use a casette adapter...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33010

Thank you very much!

Refurb Wheels - £60

Rear spats - £230

Rear Diffuser - £300

Side skirts -£300

Cusco ARBs

Plenum spacer £200

Remap £400

Steve

Refurb Wheels - £60

You could try and do the tape deck hack and add iPod connection, got nothing to lose right?

viewtopic.php?p=507429#p507429

Or use a casette adapter...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33010

Hi mate,

£60 is for the whole set because I'm doing it all myself it probably won't cost that much but always best to over budget and suprise yourself.

I've already done the tape deck hack but it doesn't work with 3G iPhones so need to buy an mp3 player. I tried the tape deck adaptor but the sound quality was awful. A mates giving me his old phone with mp3 player so going to hard wire a USB port into the car so it can charge. So maybe I can knock the new stereo on the head :0)

Thank you

Steve

hard wire a USB port into the car......

that sounds intresting.how do you connet to the head unit?

Hi mate,

Thats going to be just to charge the thing so the plan will be to splice into a 12V supply (unless I can find a %v supply already in the car) and use a (insert clever electronics box here) to drop the voltage to 5V such that I can hardwire the usb cable to charge the phone so it can live in the car at all times and just be removed to change music.

Thats the plan anyway......

Cheers

Steve

Refurb Wheels - £60

:scare: per wheel I hope! I've just signed up to a 300 squid job to do ours!

I'm going to be doing it all myself so its just the cost of the abrasives, filler and paint for me.

Its the labour thats the expensive bit hence why I'm going DIY.

Also on with aother project to paint the cubby, stereo and platsic gear lever surround in metallic black and Lambo orange, see how it looks when its done.....

Cheers

Steve

perosnally i wouldn't do wheels with a rattle can, it may look good to start with, but its unlikely to last long term.

if you can take the wheels and tyres off i know a very good place that will do a full strip, fix and powder coat for £140 with tyres on £180.

or i know another place that will do it in a day and do all the work for ab out £200. thats the cheapest i could get the work done by people who know what they are doing and use the right temps. but it also means it will be hardwearing and more permanent.

Thats going to be just to charge the thing so the plan will be to splice into a 12V supply (unless I can find a %v supply already in the car) and use a (insert clever electronics box here) to drop the voltage to 5V such that I can hardwire the usb cable to charge the phone so it can live in the car at all times and just be removed to change music.

Why not use 1 of these? (About £4.74 from amazon)

31aS-UPUzmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Alternatively, if you want the cable hidden somewhere, you could get a car charger for the phone/ipod, strip the 12V -> 5V electronics from inside the cigarette plug bit and splice that on to your 12V source.... or just splice another lighter socket to your 12v source, fix it somewhere hidden (under armrest cubby?) and plug the car charger straight in to that.

perosnally i wouldn't do wheels with a rattle can, it may look good to start with, but its unlikely to last long term.

if you can take the wheels and tyres off i know a very good place that will do a full strip, fix and powder coat for £140 with tyres on £180.

or i know another place that will do it in a day and do all the work for ab out £200. thats the cheapest i could get the work done by people who know what they are doing and use the right temps. but it also means it will be hardwearing and more permanent.

Hi mate,

I've done a few sets with rattle cans in the past and never had a problem.

I did have one set powder coated before and, personally, I didn't like the look of it. It could have been the company I used before (now gone bust) or the fact I had them done in white. The powder coat discoloured quickly, about 10 months and went a strange yellowy colour.

I thought the coating looked 'rough' as well.

I do appreciate the offer of help though, please can you let me know the place where because a mate is wanting his powder coating in an odd blue colour that he had his bike powder coated in.

Thank you

Steve

Why not use 1 of these? (About £4.74 from amazon)

31aS-UPUzmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Alternatively, if you want the cable hidden somewhere, you could get a car charger for the phone/ipod, strip the 12V -> 5V electronics from inside the cigarette plug bit and splice that on to your 12V source.... or just splice another lighter socket to your 12v source, fix it somewhere hidden (under armrest cubby?) and plug the car charger straight in to that.

Hi Haydn,

Thanks very much mate, never seen those before. I've only ever seen the other ones that stick out miles.

I'll get one of those for now and maybe strip it out in the future.

Thanks again

Steve