Wedding Help Please

SwanageDave

Right here goes to see if anyone can help me. My Son Sam has dropped it in my lap that he is getting married in March next year, my problem is that besides paying for most of the Wedding myself he also wants me to sort the car for the bride and groom to get to the reception, I did offer a fleet of Zeds but as they are only two seaters he said no. So my request is Can anyone of you Gorgeous people on here help me out with something Special that i can Hire/beg/steal/ or borrow for the day which is the 12th of March. I dont mind how far away it is for the special car,i will sort out insurance for it if needed. Thank you and I hope someone can help me make this a special Day for them both :thumbs: Dave

Have a look in yellow pages and the local papers under weddings. My son and his then girlfriend live and work in Oxford but wanted to marry up here. They found two nice old cars as described and also hired a vintage bus to get the guests from the church to the reception as most of them travelled up for the weekend. The bus really made the day as although peeps knew that transport would be provided no -one was expecting that.

went to a wedding in LOndon where they hired a old london double decker. Its was very good and the nice thing was everyone got on it from the church to the reception. On board was a glass of bubbly for everyone during the journey. It worked really well

Falcon Performance (through R35LEE) provided wedding cars.

Fair choice to choose from too.

Failing that, if you want a big ole loud Aussie V8, I dont mind acting chauffer for the day.

No kit cars lol. he just wanted something different to get to the reception. I have a mate who has come up with a 1942 Rolls. and another with a DB5 so we are getting there And thanks for all the advice. by the way what is a Aussie V8? Cheers Dave :thumbs:

Some kind soul advised me to ask n pistonheads to see if there was anything different for the day and so i did...big bloody mistake :scare: i have never had so much abuse in my life from being a begger to joining a club just for a free ride :rant: . which i never did.Jesus i wouldnt have bothered if i had known, thank god for this place

Must just be the Scottish people that are friendly then..... :blush:

I agree Stew, they werent a very nice bunch on there and i got some real abuse but you live and learn, i Have got a Bentley Mulsane for the wedding and just now need a car to the reception which is different from the Norm. i may go with the DB5, Thanks anyway it was worth a shot

I have had some Better responces now from the Adults on pistonheads regarding different cars thank god and not telling me i am a sponging w******r One is a Dodge charger seen around bournemouth with all the stripes and ribbons, It might be a nice speedy get away from the church.

And also some ideas they have come up with regarding an epic 1800 mile round trip of the UK i am doing for Cancer research and help for Heroes which i will be posting shortly once all the planning is done :thumbs:

I have had some Better responces now from the Adults on pistonheads regarding different cars thank god and not telling me i am a sponging w******r One is a Dodge charger seen around bournemouth with all the stripes and ribbons, It might be a nice speedy get away from the church.

And also some ideas they have come up with regarding an epic 1800 mile round trip of the UK i am doing for Cancer research and help for Heroes which i will be posting shortly once all the planning is done :thumbs:

I was planning to do something last year but had to cancel as my mother was ill.

Sounds interesting. :)

Oh, and I noticed the children posting up on PH. :dry:

I was planning to do something last year but had to cancel as my mother was ill.

Lots of bloody chavs i think lol. the run i am intending on doing is from swanage to exeter and up thewest coast nipping into wales and on up to ayreshire then across to Aberdeen and down the East coast finishing back here in swanage. i want to do it in 2 days and meeting up with members around the UK for photoshoots as proof. when its all sorted i will post it on here and be asking traders and members for sponsorship. i have a mate who will make me all the signs of sponsors/traders to stick on my car. the Main charity is homes for heroes which we are building here in Swanage for disabled soldiers/navy/airforce and family's to come and have a free holiday. :thumbs:

Lots of bloody chavs i think lol. the run i am intending on doing is from swanage to exeter and up thewest coast nipping into wales and on up to ayreshire then across to Aberdeen and down the East coast finishing back here in swanage. i want to do it in 2 days and meeting up with members around the UK for photoshoots as proof. when its all sorted i will post it on here and be asking traders and members for sponsorship. i have a mate who will make me all the signs of sponsors/traders to stick on my car. the Main charity is homes for heroes which we are building here in Swanage for disabled soldiers/navy/airforce and family's to come and have a free holiday. :thumbs:

I'm sure I could help out for the stuff up here.