Would you have some fun POLL

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Give them welly or try to sell  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Give them welly or try to sell

• Be sensible and try and sell the good one
    • Welly around a track or airfield and kill them all

My tyres are not great and its coming up to winter time, they are legal and one of the front ones is only two months old but I don't want to go through winter with them. Yes I know I should not have replaced just one front but I just needed to get it through the MOT while I considered what to do.

To replace the three I have like for like (Eagle F1s V pattern) is going to cost me nearly £700 for just 3 :doh:

Or I can get 4 Falcons for around £500

Should I try and sell the 2 month old one on ebay or find an airfield and kill them all :evil:

I really don't know if it would be worth anything if I sell the good one and the other 3 only have about 2.5mm on

This poll is just for a bit of fun btw

Without being a kill joy I'd say go for it but be warned if I see a thread on here entitled;

- Wheel bearing turned to dust by hairpin

- Arrrgghhh I slid into a wall

- Cops did me for 4 bald tyres on way home.......licence lost

- Does anyone have a spare engine?

- Brakes cooked - £500 to replace.

I can't promise that I won't laugh and point ;)

Flog all 4 on ebay......for every semi legal tyre for sale there's a ready made dickwit waiting to buy.

Without being a kill joy I'd say go for it but be warned if I see a thread on here entitled;

- Wheel bearing turned to dust by hairpin

- Arrrgghhh I slid into a wall

- Cops did me for 4 bald tyres on way home.......licence lost

- Does anyone have a spare engine?

- Brakes cooked - £500 to replace.

Flog all 4 on ebay......for every semi legal tyre for sale there's a ready made dickwit waiting to buy.

+1 B)

- Wheel bearing turned to dust by hairpin really, never heard of a car doing that without giving lots of tell tale signs before hand

- Arrrgghhh I slid into a wallgreat advantage of an airfield day is there is nothing to hit.

- Cops did me for 4 bald tyres on way home.......licence lost possible but if taddy brings a van you can swap wheels over for the drive home

- Does anyone have a spare engine?you'd only do that if your a complete moron and drive every where in 1st on the rev limiter for half an hour.

- Brakes cooked - £500 to replace. airfield day means your not out for great lengths to really cook them. plus the brembos are more than capable (unless your greekman then you need F1 breaks)

in all honest if your doing an airfield day propely you'll hardly burn any of the tyre off. at most 1 mm. on the other hand if you spend the day deliberalty spinning out and trying to power slide and the tyres spend most of their time lit up then yes you should hopefully see the canvas in the tyre :lol:

- Wheel bearing turned to dust by hairpin really, never heard of a car doing that without giving lots of tell tale signs before hand

- Arrrgghhh I slid into a wallgreat advantage of an airfield day is there is nothing to hit.

- Cops did me for 4 bald tyres on way home.......licence lost possible but if taddy brings a van you can swap wheels over for the drive home

- Does anyone have a spare engine?you'd only do that if your a complete moron and drive every where in 1st on the rev limiter for half an hour.

- Brakes cooked - £500 to replace. airfield day means your not out for great lengths to really cook them. plus the brembos are more than capable (unless your greekman then you need F1 breaks)

in all honest if your doing an airfield day propely you'll hardly burn any of the tyre off. at most 1 mm. on the other hand if you spend the day deliberalty spinning out and trying to power slide and the tyres spend most of their time lit up then yes you should hopefully see the canvas in the tyre :lol:

I haven't got an intricate knowledge of Tarmacs driving styleeee.......just pointing out that what he doesn't want to do is inadvertently fook something up and find he has turned a £500 bill into a much scarier one with loads of air sucking and 'its gonna cost you guvner' quotes.

I guess what I'm getting at is that it sounds like one of them things that I'd go and do with nothing to lose but your luck runs out and you end up getting landed on by a rogue 747 or something.

Feck it..........burn the rubber all the way to hell!

They allow you to drift around on a track day?

Erm no...certainly not at Hot Marques anyway :lol: you don't need to drift round knockhill to use a couple of mm of tread believe me ;) remember it was originally designed as a bike track :)