How to get the sh1ts in Sharm LOL

ATTAK Z

• 1 month later...

FYI they take £ Sterling, US $, or local currency ..... best to take £ Sterling and get a good exchange rate over there ............. all prices in US $ at Sharm airport tax free shops ..... and a $10 tip to the people that matter at the start of your holiday ensures a trouble free time thereafter ...... I'm talking about the sunbed man, bar man and restaurant drinks bringer ..... local alcoholic drinks are sh1te though ... expect to get the runs aswell :surrender:

i went in may for a week and i can say i will not ever be going back! i really didnt like it, we were constantly being bothered by 2 or 3 traders an hour when on the sunbeds trying to sell excursions etc and wouldnt take no for an answer.. i got the runs on the 3rd day which i think was from the ice in the drinks. the hotel was nice enough and the weather was great but i hated the people! they were so rude it was unreal, example of conversation with a cabbie in naama bay.

Cabbie "would you like a cab"

Me "no thanks we would like to walk down the beach to the hotel"

cabbie "where are you staying? ill give you a good price"

Me "sonesta beach, i really dont want a cab thanks"

"50 Egyptian"

"I Dont want a cab"

"30 Egyptian"

"look i dont want a cab"

"20 Egyptian"

"Were walking back, we dont want a cab!!"

"You f*****g english c***t"

getting abuse like that and being pestered all day everyday really ruined my holiday and id struggle to recommend it to anyone.

alot of people have really loved it and keep going back but not for me :thumbdown:

I've been through sharm airport twice now. And head straight to Dahab, about an hour south of Sharm, much smaller and sports orientated resort. Love it down there, best windsurfing and diving around. Sorry can't give much advice on sharm but from what i can see of the other travellers it seems to be a loud/lively place.

As for currency they like Egyptian pounds and Euros the best (that's all we took, except for sterling). But will accept pretty much anything from what we experienced.

As for the Dahab dash, best thing to do is stock up on anti plop tablets and stay away from anything that looks undercooked or has been washed in just tap water! Thankfully I didn't suffer much but i work in India so i have iron guts, but both my mates were taken ill. Just the differences in culture/food.

We went to Luxor 2 years back as we are not fans of beach / hotel holidays which Sharm is great for. We prefer to get out and about and see a bit of the country and we certainly did that! Went to Cairo too for the Pyramids & Museum thats a must!

As for the Pharaohs Revenge just make sure you have something that blocks you up, medicine is preferable but if not just take a bung!

My advice is don't do what EVERYBODY does and avoid this and that, just eat and drink whatever you find, you will get the sh**t for sure but straight away and then you can stop worrying about if you will or not :lol:

As for the locals yes they do pester you but if you are polite they normally get the message, it's nowhere near as bad as say Tunisia... The other thing is EVERYBODY want's a tip for EVERYTHING... I don't mind if I get good service or someone helps you but when someone says look at this and you turn and see something you would have seen anyway and then holds their hand out :rant:

Well I was :rant: until I spoke to some locals and they said the average Egyptian in Luxor lives on about £50 a month and realised I was wearing a £60 T-Shirt... put it in perspective I suppose