Looks like I'm getting taken to court!!

UNABASHED

I had a speeding ticket through a few weeks ago, my first one! Anyway I filled out a cheque and posted it off with my paper driving licence too get my points :(

This was over a week ago and this morning I received a letter from the police with my cheque and driving licence inside saying that they have refused my payment as I did not include my driving licence. I have re-read the original letter and it stated that I had to include payment and my paper licence, and if applicable then I also need to send my photo card licence. At the time I had called the ticket place to ask a few questions and also asked her if I was doing everything correclt by sending my licence and payment as was told that I was.

Now the letter says that they must receive both licence parts and the payment by tomorrow otherwsie I have refused the fixed penalty and will have to appear in court :scare:

Another issue is that I have an interview tomorrow in whch I am required to submitt both parts of my licence and also have a driving day on Saturday morning in which I also have to produce my licence!! I have tried calling the ticket number only to be told they only open between 09.30am and 12pm everyday - neither of which I can egnerally do as I am in work at that time!

So, looks like I'm gunna be doing a bit of bird!

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago.

I got a letter saying that payment for an SP30 had not been forthcoming and because I hadn't responded I would have to appear in court. I called up and told them that I was waiting for my driving licence to come back because I'd sent it to the DVLA for a change of address. The lady I spoke to was fine and agreed to put the matter on hold for 2 weeks.

Make the effort to call them and they'll sort it out with you - without having to go to court.

Is there not an option to pay in person at a fixed penalty office? It's been a while since I had to pay one but the last time I'm sure I just turned up with my licence, they handwrote the offence on it, I paid the fine and that was that. Only took 5 minutes.

Hope you get it sorted.

The system is often difficult to comply with. I am sure that at the end of the day they do not want to go to court and would be happy to take the payment, its just a matter of talking to the right person.

I am sure there are several people on here who could give you good advice, just need one of them to log on in time. :dry:

It's very hard to get them on the phone to let them know, it would have been much nicer if they kept everything I had already sent through and contacted me to say I also need to send my photocard. That way they knew I had accepted responsability and also paid the fine so just waiting on further documents!

I'll try again to call them but as I am an interview from 8am tomorrow morning I don't think there is much chance of me getting hold of them until Monday :bang:

On the other hand I did just get myself another killer suit for my interview so could get some more use out of it if I go to court! :lol:

I had a speeding ticket through a few weeks ago, my first one! Anyway I filled out a cheque and posted it off with my paper driving licence too get my points :(

This was over a week ago and this morning I received a letter from the police with my cheque and driving licence inside saying that they have refused my payment as I did not include my driving licence. I have re-read the original letter and it stated that I had to include payment and my paper licence, and if applicable then I also need to send my photo card licence. At the time I had called the ticket place to ask a few questions and also asked her if I was doing everything correclt by sending my licence and payment as was told that I was.

Now the letter says that they must receive both licence parts and the payment by tomorrow otherwsie I have refused the fixed penalty and will have to appear in court :scare:

Another issue is that I have an interview tomorrow in whch I am required to submitt both parts of my licence and also have a driving day on Saturday morning in which I also have to produce my licence!! I have tried calling the ticket number only to be told they only open between 09.30am and 12pm everyday - neither of which I can egnerally do as I am in work at that time!

So, looks like I'm gunna be doing a bit of bird!

It's nothing to worry about.When i got my first fine years ago i didn't bother responding. After the third reminder I received a court summons at which point I contacted them and paid the fine. At first they were adamant that as the summons had gone out I had to appear in court but a lengthy conversation later they agreed to just let me pay the fine. They are reasonable people (even if they are making money from my heavy right foot) I'm sure if you manage to call them you can get a delay. You do need to call and speak to them though...