Eeek!! Just bought a car without looking!!!

Ricey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember the feeling when driving out of the stealers and opening the beast up going onto the motorway, the feeling was awesome.

Thats why i love putting the car off the road for the winter as when i get back in it and start driving again i get that feeling.

lmao @ zmanalex comment

I saw the pictures in the original post and the first thing that got the alarm bells going for me was the 29K on a 7 year old car.

However good luck with your purchase and I hope all is well with the car.

Perhaps an independent engineers report on the car may be a good idea even at this late stage.

The AA provide a comprehensive service for such checks and a full HPI check would also certainly be advised.

Mine`s 6 years old with 25k. B)

But would you accept £8700 for it delivered? ;)

I must admit it is a bit low. :D

so - its arrived - and..........................OMFG :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Managed the journey from Scotland without missing a beat according to the driver. Drove it to work - if I ignore the throbbing roar of the zorst for a minute and concentrate it seems to be perfect.

Bodywork - immaculate.......he pointed out a scratch at the back when I spk to him on the phone - upon actual inspection it literally looks like a fly may of brushed it with a wing at some point - not even a T-cut job.

Interior - 2 little scuffs on leather (on the bolster and disclosed at sale)......but I've got my new stash of cleaning stuff to use anyway......remainder immaculate.

Service history........the bit concerning me the most. 29k on it so I was thinking - at best its going to have 3 stamps (assuming most people will work on milage rather than annual servicing)..........7 in total with 6 stamps from Nissan and the lastest one that the dealer did. Every MOT the car has ever had and a ruck of other bits I didn't have time to see.

Rays look very good - little bit of kerbing but again they told be about that (also got ditch finders on it but again all disclosed). Carla wants to get them resprayed black and some point anyway so no worries.

2 owners - first one obviously an enthusiast given the servicing, 2nd was a lady who had it for 8 months (before splitting up with partner and couldn't afford it anymore).

Basically............I nearly made a mess of my pants its that good. :teeth:

Got to give a big shout out to the garage Redpath & McLean in Edinburgh (Keith who is one of the 2 looked after me).........rare is it that a Dealer (not a Stealer in this case) appear to be as honest and genunine as these guys. :thumbs:

Now I've got to park it up and fly off to Cuba :plane: booooooooooo I want to clean it! At least its something to offset the misery of coming home!

Cheers all

Flight is T minus 9 hours an counting....no time for piccies :cry:

I'm planning on spending the whole sunday when we get back utilising the MAHUSIVE delivery I also received today from Tim at Envy Valeting :teeth: .....in fact that reminds me I need to get some wax!!!

About the only bad point I can kind of come across is a slight clunk every now and again from the back somewhere (heard the same noise on another I test drove though). Quite strange - doesn't always happen regardless of the road surface. Took my mate out in it and he doesn't reckon its anything so prob just me being paranoid.

Frig-a-doodle-do its quick! Its so easy to drive sedately too though.

The only thing I would have done differently would have been to ask them for money off rather than getting a non-Nissan service done. Seems a shame to lose the full Nissan service history... I got £340 knocked off the price of my Z as it was due a service and then got mates rates at a Nissan dealer, full service+health check+radio unlock code for £185 :yahoo:

Other than that it sounds like a good buy!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried so hard to log in!!!!!! Stupid communist goverments and their internet restrictions!!!

Cleaning commences 9am tomorrow and subject to the zombification of jetlag wearing off a bit today we might go for a bit of a run. :yahoo: