The fastest types of 350z

carnagecam

Hi guys,

Looking at getting my first z and have a few questions regarding performance.

With the standard z's, which are faster the uk or jap spec?

I've been looking at the GT4 model and also the gt pack for the uk, which model gives the best performance?

My insurance quote for the GT4 was quite a bit higher than the gt, is it worth the extra £?

Sorry if any of this is noob style questions, just can't find much concrete info on the net and figured that an owners club would provide the best info B) .

cheers

Hi guys,

SAME (But really GunMetal ones are the fastest)

I've been looking at the GT4 model and also the gt pack for the uk, which model gives the best performance?

SAME (But really GunMetal ones are the fastest)

My insurance quote for the GT4 was quite a bit higher than the gt, is it worth the extra £?

NO

Sorry if any of this is noob style questions, just can't find much concrete info on the net and figured that an owners club would provide the best info B) .

cheers

seriously performance is not that much different ......... later models have more power but less torque .......... swings and roundabouts really IMO

So the improvements are merely minor? I read that the gt has brembo brakes and is faster, but I wasn't sure by how much.

Gunmetal cars are of course always faster :p

Ebized and others who have had a couple of different Zeds will confirm the difference in performance between the 3 specs but I don't think it's much

All UK cars have Brembos :thumbs:

Hi guys,

cheers

£8000 of '03 JDM auto basic v. £15k of '06 UK manual GT. You decide........................ :#1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWD7RCv_-4A

Hi guys,

cheers

£8000 of '03 JDM auto basic v. £15k of '06 UK manual GT. You decide........................ :#1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWD7RCv_-4A

should that be read with a big brother accent? ;):lol: JDM ftw.

TBH if your buying a Z because of its performance I would look elsewhere personally. all comes down to budget aswell

Like where?

I'm pretty happy with my 420bhp RWD SC Zed - if theres a faster RWD coupe out there for the money I'd like to know what it is?

yes you have a 420bhp. most have 250 when dynoed. A boxster would be faster. Also for under 10k you could get a very fast 300zx http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1976536.htm.

You have alot more bhp then standard but a standard 350 isnt the fastest thing for the money.

I like the 300ZX and that looks like a nice example but its rather old hat in comparision to the 350Z. Faster in a straight line - yeah - but in all other aspects it would loose for me.

A Boxster "S" might be faster than a bog standard NA Zed but for the money I firmly believe you'd get a better example Zed.

If you want a faster 350Z for reasonable money - add a supercharger, better suspension and a better diff - IMHO its hard to beat.

I like the 300ZX and that looks like a nice example but its rather old hat in comparision to the 350Z. Faster in a straight line - yeah - but in all other aspects it would loose for me.

A Boxster "S" might be faster than a bog standard NA Zed but for the money I firmly believe you'd get a better example Zed.

If you want a faster 350Z for reasonable money - add a supercharger, better suspension and a better diff - IMHO its hard to beat.

Yes I agree, but thats not what I was on about.

Also generally unless you really have a need for power most people on here will never go F/I and usually buy to the higher part of their budget so leaving no money for a sc.

IMO Im not arguing a sc 350z is better or worse then anything but im saying even in slighty modded terms most things will beat a 350 in a straight line.

They are both the same if you're looking at like for like i.e. pre facelift uk vs prefacelift JDM

GT pack makes no difference to performance i.e. BHP as it was just cosmetic and kit upgrades like electric seats, heated seats, leather, brembos 18" rims instead of 17" think there were a few other things but all the differences are in the FAQ section stickied at the top. GT4 was just a limited edition which was basically an earlier release of the facelift with special alloys and a plaque. and came in 2 colours yellow and black and a playstation

if you want the badge prestige of telling your mates you have a GT4 then yes or if you specifically want it in yellow.

all the info is stickied at the top of most areas.

The 07 313 is the best of the 350's really, but as stated they're all closely matched. Or you could go for a 370?

i'd disagree and say the pre facelift 272 bhp is. has more torque and the engine is easier to tune for bigger gains by people like Abbey. admittedly the ECU on the 313 is better as it can hold mulitmaps etc.

also the 272 or pre 2006 all have ceaper road tax

The 07 313 is the best of the 350's really, but as stated they're all closely matched. Or you could go for a 370?

i'd disagree and say the pre facelift 272 bhp is. has more torque and the engine is easier to tune for bigger gains by people like Abbey. admittedly the ECU on the 313 is better as it can hold mulitmaps etc.

also the 272 or pre 2006 all have ceaper road tax

psst Rich.....276 ;)

:blush: oops forgot those extra 4 bhp make so much difference :blush:

at the end of the day, if you line all 3 models up on the track with 3 unrealistically identical drivers they are all going to finish roughly the same time, we're probably talking nothing more than half a car length in it between each one. (this is in complete stock form)

if your in to striaght line drag racing the 276 will have the advantage miniscule one off the line as it has more torque, but the 313 will gain further up as it has more power.

best way to look at it is if you want the facelift changes like the updated centre console; lights etc then go with the 297 or the 313. if you want cheaper tax and slightly more tuning options then the 276 is the better option.

My55 is quicker than my mates boxer s & ive only got minor mods,pretty sure a stock 313 would a fair few lenghts clear of a stock 276 as the improved torque would not come into play on a track,with the zed you got 3 choices 276,297 or 313,ive got a 276 but ide prefer a 313.