what am i letting myself in for?FUN FUN +expences?

kel3

hey! I'm Kel.

please to meet you all!!

i am most possibly coming over to the Z side haha.

i am 23 and currently own a Ford racing puma. Although i love my little Ruby Racer 45 very much i seem to be constantly ploughing money into her with no return.

Plus ive got that power bug and just cant let it go.

I have managed to work out that to have a 350z it needs to be pre june 2006 for lower tax bracket and max of 300 bhp version to keep the insurance down lol.

only thing i am concerned about is running costs such as brakes, servicing, tyres, fuel.

Are there any big common fault i should be looking out for when buying?

i am looking to spend about 11k ish and saw a few i like just a little nervous about taking the jump from my little racer to a big boys racer haha.

will get searching the forum but if anyone can help at all i would greatly appreciate it as im looking to buy next weekend!!

i am yet to see a blue or orange coupe so if anyone in the mansfield,Notts area with one could let me have a peek id be a happy bunny!

thanks all!

Kel :-)

on a sports car level its not horribly expensive to run, but if you were to compare it to a fiesta then yes it is expensive to run. the areas you have mentioned will all help to reduce the over all cost. remember when this was new it was a 30k car

fuel is only an issue if you do high miles if you do less than 9k a year its not to bad.

parts; they can be cheap and they can be expensive, the old rule of thumb "you get what you pay for" is very apt for the zed.

enjoyment, well you'll get lots of that. its a great car; great to drive, great balance, and very rewarding.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum - good choice on getting a Zed, you will not be disappointed! :thumbs:

Best thing to do would be find one you like and post details up on here and people will be able to tell you if its a good deal - or depending on mileage whether there might be any major service or parts replacement (clutch etc...) likely in the near future.

No major faults with the car to speak of - very reliable. And very FUN!

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

No major faults with the car to speak of - very reliable. And very FUN!

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

clicky axles, drop links, gear box failure, to name a few. most aren't major issues and won't stop you driving it, but find a good one and one that has been well cared for and it shouldn't be an issue. forum owned ones are pretty good as they have usually been very well cared for.

hiya guys!

is there anything i need to be aware of if buying a higher miler??

seen a car but has 80k on the clock... has full service history with 8 stamps in the book though.

is there anything i should listen out for on a test drive or check before buying?

im getting impatient and might get the zed before selling the FRP.

cheers kel x

• 4 weeks later...