OMFG !! K1 just fitted and WOW !!!!

player2301

S**T the bed ................Man its loud !!!

Ive only done half a mile back to my house from the garage lol

I have not put the baffles in yet !! :teeth:

Cant believe the sound of the car

Lets just see how long before ive got a ASBO

I think the inspector at my place of work will have a chat when i arrive at 10pm tonight for a night shift lol !!!!!

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

A little video from in the car I think i might need a louder sound system lol :clap:

th_IMG_0231.jpg

:bang::bang: This is how you'll feel in 2 weeks. :lol::lol:

Do you notice the resonance when you blip the throttle and the needle drops between 4,000 and 3,250 revs? That sound will be in your head when you go to bed. In fact I think my head still rattles and I sold mine 4 months ago. :byebye::byebye:

Good luck. :thumbs::thumbs:

PS - Don't want to spoil your fun but I predict will be in the For Sale section by Xmas.

lol but it will be a fun 3 months :bang:

Mate if it drowns out the missis naggin itll be worth every penny :thumbs:

:boxing:

Fighting talk bud, I like your style. :thumbs:

Just to show you the difference. Loved the sound outside but inside it was mental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQsODMuhWOc

New stylee Blueflame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWyZOrKVBPw

Bunch of big girls :p An exhaust is nothing if passer bys can't feel you passing ;)

you mean feel the earth move beneath them as you pass :lol:

Ive got APS decat pipes custom 3" y-pipe and a K1 with no bungs in! now thats LOUD!!! but it dose sound like crap and the resonance is killing me :bang:

Have fun mate think just having the K1 sounds much better ;)

Bunch of big girls :p An exhaust is nothing if passer bys can't feel you passing ;)

Ive got APS decat pipes custom 3" y-pipe and a K1 with no bungs in! now thats LOUD!!! but it dose sound like crap and the resonance is killing me :bang:

You wanna try headers, decats, y-pipe & a single exit with no resonators at all ;)

Its so loud im considering a K1 just to tone it down a bit :headhurt:

You wanna try headers, decats, y-pipe & a single exit with no resonators at all ;)

Saving up for headers as there next :teeth: ile swap ya me k1 for your single exit, just as a trial if you like? but then youde never leave single exit i know ;)

:lol:

As much as I want to tone it down I want to keep the single ;)

My single might be up for sale later this year though ;)

i knew it ;) give me heads up when you come to sell i may be interested if i can convince my self it dont look daft with my diffuser which is designed for a twin exit :lol:

Anyway sorry for the post jack to the OP car sounds awesome mate :thumbs:

Saving up for headers as there next :teeth: ile swap ya me k1 for your single exit, just as a trial if you like? but then youde never leave single exit i know ;)

Which headers you going for? :thumbs:

love it! why does it lose power?

The aim is to get the exhaust gas out to atmosphere as quickly as possible, this maximises power. The gas leaving the engine only has a finite amount of energy to escape. If you make the tube too big the gas fills the larger space before it can move further down the tube to atmosphere, this takes up more of the energy and slows the exhaust gas so that it will take longer to exit - this loses you power. If the pipe is too small however you will get pressure in the pipe which tries to force the gas backwards so you have to find a compromise.

Huge pipes like the japspeed k1 might work on a FI car where the energy/amount of exhaust gas is so much greater but on a naturally aspirated car massive pipes fail again and again. I always thought it was funny to see 1.0 saxos and the with dirty great exhausts which would actually take a lot of the power away.

Interestingly the stock back section is very good according to Mark at Abbey motorsport, exceptional for up to 400bhp. I was curious how this was so as its normally a no to have a larger pipe such as my motordyne xyz going into a smaller diameter rear section. The reason he tells me is because by the time the gas reaches the rear section its lost so much energy it doesnt matter that the diameter is smaller. Made instant sense to me and as always illustrates why exhaust choice is so crucial on naturally aspirated cars.

:yawn:

anyway lol !!!!!

I have drove around for a day and think i might actually have a complaint from work when i booted it on the works car park

only to find a SGT from the on coming shift looking at me like id just killed his kid!!!! So looking forward to seeing him later :scare:

Tried to fit the baffles today to have a listen and they got stuck and ive wrecked em trying to get em out soooooo

no baffles for me :bang:

If anyone has spare baffles i can have let me know

as i might need them to keep my job :yuck:

And yes it is fookin LOUD !!!!

My teeth wont stop rattling :teeth:

:yawn:

anyway lol !!!!!

I have drove around for a day and think i might actually have a complaint from work when i booted it on the works car park

only to find a SGT from the on coming shift looking at me like id just killed his kid!!!! So looking forward to seeing him later :scare:

Tried to fit the baffles today to have a listen and they got stuck and ive wrecked em trying to get em out soooooo

no baffles for me :bang:

If anyone has spare baffles i can have let me know

as i might need them to keep my job :yuck:

And yes it is fookin LOUD !!!!

My teeth wont stop rattling :teeth:

Good luck with the Sarge :console:

Cant help with the baffles... although I think once of the leading supermarkets (no name dropping here) has an offer on cotton wool balls :lol::lol:

love it! why does it lose power?

The aim is to get the exhaust gas out to atmosphere as quickly as possible, this maximises power. The gas leaving the engine only has a finite amount of energy to escape. If you make the tube too big the gas fills the larger space before it can move further down the tube to atmosphere, this takes up more of the energy and slows the exhaust gas so that it will take longer to exit - this loses you power. If the pipe is too small however you will get pressure in the pipe which tries to force the gas backwards so you have to find a compromise.

Huge pipes like the japspeed k1 might work on a FI car where the energy/amount of exhaust gas is so much greater but on a naturally aspirated car massive pipes fail again and again. I always thought it was funny to see 1.0 saxos and the with dirty great exhausts which would actually take a lot of the power away.

Interestingly the stock back section is very good according to Mark at Abbey motorsport, exceptional for up to 400bhp. I was curious how this was so as its normally a no to have a larger pipe such as my motordyne xyz going into a smaller diameter rear section. The reason he tells me is because by the time the gas reaches the rear section its lost so much energy it doesnt matter that the diameter is smaller. Made instant sense to me and as always illustrates why exhaust choice is so crucial on naturally aspirated cars.

Might be good for N/A cars up to 400hp (fly?) Some lads on the US forum with FI setups had to get rid of the end system for restriction of airflow... it reminds me I need to get my system looked at actually...

(wasnt finished)

If I was to redo the exhaust I'd go for a similar system that MR Lizard on here uses if was to keep her NA seems to be a well build piece of kit... I do like the ART can type systems, read up on the theory behind it and pretty impressed about it...