Ferrari 458.... any one want one??

DoogyRev

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute crap imho. Not the car, the reports of them having a fault which causes spontaneous combustion.

Would the images put me off buying a 458. Nope.

Just like these didnt put me of the 430:

ferrari-f430-destroyed-by-fire.jpg

5524_src.jpg

ferrari-f430-burn4.jpg

There are the same pictures for enzos, lambos, R8's etc etc. :shrug:

I did read a report on it this morning and it stated most of these incidents always happen when a new supercar comes out due to the driver testing the car capabilities out. Normally the drivers is less than the cars. I remember the same reports coming out when audi released the R8.

Oh, that's all a bit ironic, I didn't know that WAS the problem, I'm afraid my feeble attempt at humour has fallen on stony ground :headhurt:

Absolute crap imho. Not the car, the reports of them having a fault which causes spontaneous combustion.

Would the images put me off buying a 458. Nope.

Just like these didnt put me of the 430:

ferrari-f430-destroyed-by-fire.jpg

5524_src.jpg

ferrari-f430-burn4.jpg

There are the same pictures for enzos, lambos, R8's etc etc. :shrug:

What model of Fezza is it you have Chesterfield?

Do you have a fire extinguisher on board? :)

Its the 430, and no - I dont have a fire extinguisher. Though I have thought about getting one, if not for my car but just as its a useful thing to have in case you ever see a road accident happen and are first on the scene. Im thinking of geting one for all the cars to be honest for that very reason.

Im more than happy to admit that I will run out of talent long before the car runs out of ability. The cars gauges take forever to say the oil is up to temp, and Im concious of never giving it the beans until its at least most of the way up to temp. The exhaust on the contrary gets very hot, very rapidly. Give it the beans when the oil is cold and the exhaust is hot and you will be causing massive pressure in the oil system - one popped seal and the exposed nature of the exhaust is very likely to end badly.

Many that have been in the car will confirm just how much heat the engine gives off. Indeed we've installed a washing line in the garage to dry any clothes on if there is any washing needs drying on an evening Ive taken the car out for a blast. It kicks out considerable heat for several hours. I can only imagine how hot surface temps of the exhausts and other components are. :surrender:

For now yes. I could not possibly justify changing so soon, and I also could not justify the depreciation on a brand new car of that type, its ridiculous.

Id guess at least two years or more before I consider changing. Unless of course it catches fire like the above :lol:

Back to the 458, Ive heard of a technical update notification (posh way of saying recall I suppose) apparently connected to a breather pipe - but Ive not got any detail on what it is, but it appears there is not an actual recall, just a "fix it next time the customer can bring their car in" - so it doesnt sound urgent.

A lovely black one was just delivered south of Aberdeen. First I know of up here!

I think this is the one you are talking about Stew.

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6681.jpg

Lovely. :)

Aye, my friends brother put them on PH. It's his Dads next door neighbour. The guy also had one of the first californias in the country. :thumbs:

For now yes. I could not possibly justify changing so soon, and I also could not justify the depreciation on a brand new car of that type, its ridiculous.

Id guess at least two years or more before I consider changing. Unless of course it catches fire like the above :lol:

Back to the 458, Ive heard of a technical update notification (posh way of saying recall I suppose) apparently connected to a breather pipe - but Ive not got any detail on what it is, but it appears there is not an actual recall, just a "fix it next time the customer can bring their car in" - so it doesnt sound urgent.

Lovely car the 458, but the £120k+ needed to change from a 430 to 458 is ridiculous imo.....

Depends on the 430. Id be looking at about £80k to upgrade. The upgrade differential will also close over time. It will probably widen for a while until the second hand 458's start to appear and then that will be the time I ask myself the question.

The retail on a new 458 is about £170k before options. So call it £190 by the time youve added a few frilly bits.

Depends on the 430. Id be looking at about £80k to upgrade. The upgrade differential will also close over time. It will probably widen for a while until the second hand 458's start to appear and then that will be the time I ask myself the question.

The retail on a new 458 is about £170k before options. So call it £190 by the time youve added a few frilly bits.

wow you have a 430, :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: its a hero chariot and and anyone who drives one is a champion lover :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: . Pics? :thumbs:

wow you have a 430, :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: its a hero chariot and and anyone who drives one is a champion lover :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: . Pics? :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37584 :thumbs: