Plenum removal UPDATE - Back on + silly mistake!

djrm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there people

I am removing my plenum and just wanted some advice on it. Is there anything I should watch out for? Anything I can mess up??

Ryan

Very straight forward Ryan,

Just be careful when refitting that you do not nip anything between the flanges. :thumbs:

Hi there people

I am removing my plenum and just wanted some advice on it. Is there anything I should watch out for? Anything I can mess up??

Ryan

Very straight forward Ryan,

Just be careful when refitting that you do not nip anything between the flanges. :thumbs:

Yes like the oil filler rubber collar. Like i did.... :bangin:

Haha ok then so most care must be taken when replacing.... Noted....

I have taken almost all of the screws out now, just wanted to clear up a few things with a couple of pics, just need to be sure about this before I tear it open and mess it all up lol...

This pipe on the left, can I just disconnect? Is it just an air pipe?

697d9522.jpg

Do I need to remove the air control unit (I'm assuming that's what it is) Or does it come off with the plenum?

a1e1b8dc.jpg

Do I need to remove these 6 bolts from the top?

c32de25e.jpg

I know I'm a newbie to this, just want to be sure about it though! :D

Ryan

Right, Husky, you say don't remove the throttle body but andlid, your link says do remove it?

Which should I do?? The problem is that the allen bolts holding the throttle body on are extremely tight... All I have is allen keys and they don't have enough leverage... Is it best to go out and get an allen wrench or would some Wd40 help the situation???

Thanks guys :)

A good soak of plusgas or wd-40 overnight will help to loosen if off - just remember - dont yank the allen key, gently squeeze/pull it or you could end up rounding things off :snack: then it'll get fun :thumbdown:

Also make sure nothing falls down there whilst the plenum is off....

yeah, sorry, im the dumb one there - must learn to read beforehand.... :lol:

updated my post to less idiotic comments :lol:

Haha no worries man, thanks for the advice... I know I am asking a lot of stupid questions but I would rather know too much than nothing! :)

where abouts are you? it dosen't matter wether you take off the throtle body or not its up to you. ;)

OK thanks :)

I am in Essex dude... ;)

ahh too far for me to come and help you :lol: ive got to take mine off tomoz so could do you a step by step guide if you can wait? but with the looks of it ur almost there anyway, get yourself the allen keys that are on a handle bit like a swiss army knife and that will give you the leverage ;)

where abouts are you? it dosen't matter wether you take off the throtle body or not its up to you. ;)

OK thanks :)

I am in Essex dude... ;)

ahh too far for me to come and help you :lol: ive got to take mine off tomoz so could do you a step by step guide if you can wait? but with the looks of it ur almost there anyway, get yourself the allen keys that are on a handle bit like a swiss army knife and that will give you the leverage ;)

Thanks mate, I am going to have a crack at it again tomorrow, going to put some WD40 on them overnight to help and get allen keys with more leverage and reach but if you want to take some pics and get them on here.... feel free!! :D