Richard Hammond critical

StephenG

I have quite a soft spot for the hamster - hope he'll be ok. Elvington airfield is quite near my house - i often see lots of amazing cars going in there as it's the longest airstrip in europe so is used for a lot of testing. Get well soon Richard!

Pics of the accident don't look too bad but the rapidly changing g-forces he would of experienced would of been massive.

Going by the doctors statement it's bad.

"..we are reasonably optimistic that he will make a good recovery."

Hope he makes a rapid recovery beyond the docs expectations. Someone has to look after TG Dog.

I was also shocked when i heard this yesterday, on the adverts in between "Wire in the Blood".

Anyways thout id let you know, someone on Pistonheads.com has set up a JustGiving account to collect donations to go to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance Chairty, which is the crew that airlifted Hammond to the hospital.

Check it out.

http://www.justgiving.com/PHRichardHammond?page=1#donationtable

Will

Anyone who paints flames on a Porsche, trashes a Suzuki Carry van and drives a fire extinguisher powered wheelchair (Brainiac) is a friend of mine. Best wishes to Hamster! I am sure given the choice he would have preferred to be injured trying to break a speed record than sliding at a diesel pump or crashing a people carrier!