How many points do you have on your licence?

Nik

I got flashed doing 130mph in a 100kmh zone....in Germany.....paperwork never came thru :yahoo:

For the UK tho, my Pioneer built-in Sat Nav has camera location alerts and even has the option to constantly monitor whether you are speeding or not and a voice will tell you if you are.

3 - to be honest it wasn't intentionaly speeding at the time. The camera van was sat exactly where the road changed from 40 to 30 and I simply wasn't paying attention and STILL doing 40 - kerching - £60 and 3 points.

I got a fixed penalty fine years ago in the exact same manner, some w*nker doing 25 on a national speed limit road, first opportunity I got I passed her, 41 in a 30 zone and bang caught. So far I've not got any points in my zed, but thats probably because everyone is driving like grannies here and I'm usually stuck behind them.

Zero :thumbs:

Only ever had 3 points and that was for doing 86mph on the M74 in an old Micra :blush: Caught with the camera van sitting on the motorway bridge at Beatock, Dumfries and Galloway police have a van sitting there almost permanently and it rakes them in a fortune :angry:

I've been driving since 1966 and have only been done for speeding once way back in 1991 (80 in a 60 zone) . I have had a couple of other points offences, in 1967 for due care and attention on a scooter and in 1972 for parking on zig zags. Three other non endorsable fines, 2 for no parking lights and one for failing to display my tax disc, all in the 60's. I rigidly stick to the speed limits these days, learned to be patient, drive defensively and don't carry a mobile in the car. North Wales is a bad area to live if you're an habitual speeder, lots of unmarked cars, marked cars and bikes lurking in hidden places, mobile "Stay alive" cameras and of course fixed cameras. Keeping my license and keeping it clean is very important to me. It's a lot more important than arriving a few minutes earlier. I saw a sticker in a car once that really summed it up "What's your rush, everyone gets their day to die"

Pete

3 currently, and may have another 3 in the post from last night. Mobile camera sat in a motorway lay-by. I took it off cruise control (70) for about 3 seconds to just get in in front of someone as I could see a guy whoring it up behind me, car in front changes lane and there I am 80mph looking straight at Mr Camera. Hopefully got away with it, but not so sure.

3 but not for speeding , had some A hole right up my rear coming off the motorway so ran an AMBER to aoiv geting hit and the pigs pulled me for it , yes i am bitter !

3 years ago so nearly clean , no speeding .

Ouch, I feel for you. I stopped for an amber light and some dork in a repmobile drove straight into the back at me. Didn't you see that camera I yelled at him as he locked his doors and threatened to call the police if I hit him :). Funny thing was that the whole of the front of his car was crumpled and spewing steam while my old 300ZX-TT only had a fairly minor crack on the rear bumper which his insurers had to pay for.

So far (touch wood) never had any points in 25 years. Got stopped once in Canada for over 100 in a 50 limit for road works, which just like the UK had nobody working, but the cop showed pity when he saw that I was taking our very ill dog to the emergency vet.

My Garmin is useful for indicating where the fixed cameras are, but the damn thing has nearly got me caught a couple of times because its country road speed limits are out of date, showing a 60 limit when it is now a 50 :(

thats because the back of a 300 is the size and look of a BUS! :lol:

Which was just as well :) :). Actually I don't think that the 350Z is any less solid. I was rear ended (altjough at a much lower speed) by a twonk at a roundabound a few months ago and the paint work was not even scratched (had her checked out and no structural damage either). Twonk was going to have to explain a broken front bumper to Hertz.

Although I do prefer my 350Z because it handles far better (I've not yet spun her through 360 when applying an over heavy right foot in the wet) and looks far cooler, I do occasionally miss the kick in the back as the turbos kicked in.

0 for me now - given that i currently live a 2 minute walk from my office i haven't exactly been doing all that much driving for the past 3 year

Got 3 points 5 years ago now. I was 20 at the time, driving a 1.8 Golf GTi and not up on my highway code, the road i was pulling onto was a 30 when i thought it was a 40 (had 2 lanes, 3 in places, but because it was a ring road round a town centre it's automatically a 30) and the fact that the camera was about 200 yards away from a very bad crossing meant that when it flashed it actually had film in.

got the Zed a month ago and driving it i haven't felt the need to do any speeding even quite happy cruising along on the motorway 70-75 (this is on one of only 5 times i have currently been able to drive my car :rant: )