Gearbox failure, update pg3 and its not good news!

shire350Z

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same noise on my car. started about a month ago and have chosen to ignore it till reading this post... now a bit worried

I get the noise when the car is in neutral with clutch out and it seems to disappear when i push the clutch in. Thinking I best get it checked out.

How do they tell if its the release bearing, is it a case of try it and see and if it doesn't work then take the gearbox apart?

Lastly can I cause any further/worse damage by driving it as it is....

Seems like a catalogue of problems this month with handbreak needing tightening, airbag light coming on and this... bloody good job the car makes me smile!

:wacko::wacko:

When you have the gearbox out if the shaft is loose that goes into the flywheel that's when you know the bearing needs replacing and if your doing that one while the box is apartyou might as well do the rest! Your as well having a new clutch release bearing there as if it is that then you can get it swapped straight away. If you leave it, it could just cause the gearbox to sease up and damage more parts, so best getting it looked at

alot cheaper than you guys may think!!!

Got the box fully checked and all the bearings replaced for £500 and my local garge who do all the work on my Zed (well its the same mechanic every time) only charged me £90 for taking the box out re-fitting and filling with 3litres of all :teeth:

So if anyone has a problem with the gearbox come see me :lol: