To swap or not to swap, that is the question.

ben p

Afternoon guys,

I've owned my zed for about 5 months now and have been more then happy with it...... until popped in to my local dealer for them to take a look at a little annoying squeaking noise I have on my front wheel and absolutely fell in love with a 07 313 Zed in white, it looks beautiful. In all honesty it is over priced and i can't help thinking if I try and swap it I'm going to get double whammied, with a trade in price for mine, and a retail price for the new one.

my car

06 350z (287bhp)

gt pack

bought with 23000 now 25000

£16250 paid 5 months ago.

new car

57 350z (313bhp)

gt pack

sat nav

£18500

What do you think guys? What do you think I could expect back for mine after owning it for 5 months bearing in mind it was bought from the very same garage I'm trying to buy the new one from.

If somebody asked me to order a brand new zed out of the factory, it would be this one..........

http://www.chorleynissan.co.uk/Vehicles ... html#Start

Did you buy your car from the same dealer? What have they offered you in part-ex? Common sense can go out of the window when choosing car..............it is a bit like choosing a girlfriend............heart tells you one thing but your pocket tells you another :bang:

Did you buy your car from the same dealer? What have they offered you in part-ex? Common sense can go out of the window when choosing car..............it is a bit like choosing a girlfriend............heart tells you one thing but your pocket tells you another :bang:

Yes bought from the very same dealer 5 months ago, I've got a figure in mind that i dont really want to go over, which is 3k I know its pritty unrealistic but hey a boy can dream. Just spoke to the dealer, i'm waiting for the manager to phone me back. :headhurt:

Uneducated, I sort of rushed into buying this car, and only realised after that it was the 287hp model, reading bits and bobs on the internet I saw many posts that said if the car was 06 it was the up-rev model, and its aways been there in the back of my mind. Has anybody every owned both a 287bhp and a 313bhp, is there much difference or am I just being stupid??

Has anybody every owned both a 287bhp and a 313bhp, is there much difference or am I just being stupid??

Ebized ?

Had a 276bhp and then a 296bhp and now the 370, which is quoted as 326bhp (Europe) and 332 bhp (USA).

Not sure where you get the 287 figure from but here are the official fiqures for the 350 series (the PS and BHP fiqures are often confused):

VQ35DE: 276 BHP = 280PS

VQ35DE Revup: 296BHP = 300PS

VQ35HR: 309BHP = 313PS

276 sorry, I always seem to have 287 in my head for some strange reason! Doesn't matter my dreams are shattered anyway, they dont get the nickname the stealers for nothing! £5500!!!!!! for a car with nearly 10,000 more miles, thats less then 12 months newer, must of been the sat nav it had! :wacko:

I've took mark at abbey up on the £2000 tuning package he put together so hopefully i shouldn't be a million miles away from the 309bhp figure come the end of august, and i might have a look into the vinyl comment, I've seen a couple of car recently with it done in matt black, they look really well.