Job networking among 350z owners?

ikarus

This week the company I work for made some redundancies. I survived the cull thankfully but it got me thinking, there are a lot of members on this forum and an obvious place to network. I've seen other members sell up due to hard times so I though it would be a good idea to see how many other people are out there in a similar line of work to me, or each other. I haven't really thought through how it could be moderated or managed though - is this possible mods / admins?

im not in your line of work but i know plenty that are, rich5295 (cant remember the number) is in the same kind of area as you bud.

FAIL! :lol:

I'm redundant and he isn't :p

Hoping for something soon - going back to being technical and doing high-end surface design work

This week the company I work for made some redundancies. I survived the cull thankfully but it got me thinking, there are a lot of members on this forum and an obvious place to network. I've seen other members sell up due to hard times so I though it would be a good idea to see how many other people are out there in a similar line of work to me, or each other. I haven't really thought through how it could be moderated or managed though - is this possible mods / admins?

Sorry to hear about your probs ikarus ........... my company has just kicked the Cad Manager in the BOllicks ............ so it's a bit rife at the mo ........ on a brighter side son number 2 who is in IT networks has just got a fabulous new job having spent 2 years with a load of tossers ....

.............................. oh and don't forget that the Chinese word for "crisis" has two meanings and the other meaning is "opportunity"

We are struggling to find qualified crew as we are expanding our tug fleet. Seems nobody want to work at sea anymore. Good money, two weeks on/off. I cant understand it. I also get to play with very powerful and fun toys.

Piloting a Tub Boat sounds great :thumbs: ..... Maybe when I get fed up with IT

Like any job, if you know what you are doing its fine. Life at sea in general is now over regulated and all of the fun has gone out of it compared to when I started. The British Merchant navy is now very small and the number of cadets taken on is not enough to keep the industry going.

I guess thats what they call progress. :shrug:

Good idea for a thread but I suggested this about 2 years ago ........ but...,, :tumbleweed:

Only thing is privacy on't web depending how you feel about it mind you if you are after work then you want to get your name out there?

We could go a stage further and have a looking for work or looking to employ section mind you its starting to get a bit far from a 350z site?

Yeah i wasn't sure if / how it would work. I think you're right it's getting too far away from 350z's. I'm actually not looking for work, i enjoy my job, my recent experience had me re-connecting with a lot of old acquaintances just in case. This thread was an idea that came from that really. My job is as secured as anyone's is these days. I would be interested to see how many other members are in the same technical field as me though.

For those who asked (and as some know), I work as a CAD manager (mainly Autodesk 3D, 2D, data management and visualisation applications), i am a former Autodesk Applications Engineer and a degree qualified Mechanical Engineer. The company I work for made reductions in engineering staff. This is fairly expectable when we have less engineering work on the books. My role is grouped in the same department as the engineers which is why my role was at threat. Ironically, as the engineers are quiet at the moment, i am really busy pushing out new software, procedures and training.

If anyone else is in a similar field, feel free to drop me a pm.