urgent! window problem - sorted thanks to Cragus

P15UL T

ok guys, if its a bad earth i have fine ill sort that later, but in the mean time i need to get the window back up so i can use the car

is it possible to give power to the harness in order to operate the window motor ? i have a spare battery i use for my light projects so i could run a wire from that to whatever point i need to to get this window up ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you should be able to directly jump the motor with 12v battery as its a 12v motor. but disconnect it from anything else as you dont want to throw 12v down random parts of the harness. Also as there will be no stop or fuse you need to make sure you are very careful not to burn out either the harness or motor. good luck :)

is the car a post or pre 06?

Paul, with the amount of modding you have done to the/your car I would of thought you knew anything and everything about the 350z going :wacko:

but I do hope you get your window sorted mate :thumbs::thumbs:

so the service manual says power it through pin 8 and 11 which on yours is red and light blue. but my gut tells me it would be the larger guage wires mate hence im not happy with it and the fact the colours are wrong. nissan are @*!# with wiring in the zed im afraid, they vary from the standard constantly and get the wires back to front frequently as you know mate ;)

like i say best way to be sure is to power from the back of the motor or at least look in to see what colour wires.

ok after hours of head scratching a young man called Craig "The Legend" Bissett came to the rescue (and his missus :blush: ), you all know him as Cragus :thumbs:

he travelled an hour to reach me by 12 midnight and we set to work problem solving, i was just about to dismatle the window housing when we came back indoors to do a web search and see what you guys were advising. i also did a google search and trawled through some posts when randomly some guys mentions the door connectors. now my painter had the doors off, like he has time and time again but we both though it would be worth a check.

so after some time detaching the freshly painted doors and using my dogs bed to lay them down in the pitch black as its after 1oclock now we discovered my painted had managed to get overspray on the harness connector pins. so gentley we cleaned them up and got the doors back on and PRESTO !!!!!! alls good in the world again :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I cant thank Craig enough for making the journey as i would never had been able to acheive this on my own, and i can now grab 3 hours sleep before i set of to liverpool in the morning safe in the fact that the missus wont kill me for ruining our break away :lol:

thanks for all you input guys, it all helped :thumbs:

That's true Zed dedication! :notworthy:

At least we know Cragus is on call after normal hours. You don't fancy coming down to fit my new head unit :lol: 3am ok?

I had to open this thread first thing this morning as the suspense of getting the problem fixed last night was gripping.

The extra bonus is your mrs won't give you a bollocking.

Craig I'm in Epsom and could do with your help to ..... :lol::lol:

Seriously, what a tremendous gesture and glad to hear it got sorted with some midnight oil being burned there and as Neil has just said that's what this forum is all about. :thumbs: