My new car!!

Husky

Hi folks,

this may be a long and arduous read so if you get bored heres some music :wiggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u9mZz-o-g

Thought it was about time for a new car! A shed car that is, to give the zed some relief as its done over 20k miles in just over a year! So I hopped on ebay, autotrader, PH and looked around... hmm this is much harder than i thought :headhurt: I proclaimed "Finding a shed car is like trying to pick the best smelling turd". So i enlisted the help of an enthusiastic and impartial friend who's level of giving a toss was approximately 9 ... out of 100. so in a sense this had become a sort of pin the tail on the donkey exercise.

The mule I ended up with after taking the first recommendation of said friend was this lovely shining example of a pug 205 in red. The car is a 1.8L Diesel engine, this engine is a spectacular version without the need for pesky turbos, in the prime of its life it produced a whopping 58bhp! i know! feel your buttocks clench :scare: these days i imagine it is far less than that as it doesnt need it, its so aerodynamic it simply slips through the air with ease far outperforming others on the road!

feast your eyes!

IMAG0168.jpg

now this particular model came with some upgrades from previous owners im sure you will all be jealous of B)

the car come with built in sat nav!

0cd10645.jpg

comes with a simpsons themed number plate with additional text which may be edited as my first mod

65583ffa.jpg

5337e558.jpg

the seats come with a unique ventilation system (patent pending)

dc2b4d47.jpg

the steering wheel actually has a REAL fake leather cover!!!!

01e5f68f.jpg

i know your beginning to get jealous now but i will keep going!

her you can see how the car is beautifully offset with varying shades of red with its different door. unlike the rest of the car, this door is special as it has central locking. oh yes!

56f0f30b.jpg

you can see styling features where the contours of the car have been skillfully crafted

d43709a8.jpg

but fear not, i have something many want in their cars but dont dare to mod! i have tinted rear quarter windows! B)

aeea0aee.jpg

the CD player has the unique security feature of being kept in the boot to ensure it is out of sight, some would say this hampers sound performance but i disagree, the bass is fine, when i take a corner the stereo slides into the side of the boot making a loud thudding noise much like expensive halfords systems.

3fbafaa4.jpg

the previous owner was also kind enough to leave behind a wealth of dirt in the dor side pockets, and we all know from watching the film waterworld that dirt is very valuable!!!

057ad7da.jpg

028053c4.jpg

the car comes complete with receipts, which are a must for a car of this age!

as you can see the previous owner really, realllly liked paninis!

9afb4fc6.jpg

£1.02 this man doesnt f**k about B)

the carefully crafted seats bear the mark of the car in a beautiful denim blue

f5220a58.jpg

f8d03aad.jpg

and if i ever find myself in a wading situation i have no fear! ground clearance is not an issue!

d74fe03b.jpg

thats the new addition in all its glory, runs fine and is currently being disinfected.

has only had 2 owners and only cost 350 quid

Hello John Got A New Motor......... but probably not old enough to remember that one.(Alexi Sale)

Sexy beast and you can put the seats in the washing machine with your jeans............ :cloud9:

This is a type of car I know oh so well. Make sure the rear wheels don't have massive cambers as this generally means the rear axle bearings are shot which is an expensive job and is what normally kills 205s. Other than that they are incredibly tough cars. the 1800 diesel is a strong engine too, (1760cc or something like that iirc) it did come in turbo form too. Its essentially a slightly lower capacity version of the psa 1905cc diesel engine which was a good one. It's not a powerful car but due to it being so incredibly light by modern standards it kind of gets away with it, not that you would know as the more common non power steering version has steering about as heavy as an old transit. :D

I think the denim seats might have actually been a special edition, I could be wrong though.

They had one of these on Top Gear on Sunday as well, so you were lucky to get yours when you did as the prices are bound to sky-rocket now!